Text Messaging option

Why, my wifes Lincoln MKX has the text option and it is in no way a distraction. It reads the text to you when it comes in, same way GM is advertising their service as well.

When I get a text message, MyLink voice comes over the speakers and reads me my message. It then asks if I would like to reply, call back, or just say done. A couple of times I have said reply and it recorded my text message from my voice and sent the text message. Works great. This is on my Nokia Lumia 928 Windows 8 phone.

When I get a text message, MyLink voice comes over the speakers and reads me my message. It then asks if I would like to reply, call back, or just say done. A couple of times I have said reply and it recorded my text message from my voice and sent the text message. Works great. This is on my Nokia Lumia 928 Windows 8 phone.

You do this in a 2014 sierra/silverado?

Let me clarify. I do NOT see anything on the MyLInk screen and I can NOT read the text. ONLY hear it. If someone texts me, it reads it over Bluetooth and lets me use voice commands to reply, call back, or hang-up. I can also dictate and send a text over Bluetooth as well. I do not have to be in Bluetooth audio for it to work. It just comes over my system like an incoming call. Must be a windows setting because it behaves the exact same in my wife's Subaru.

Ok I see on my Galaxy S4 I have a hands free mode and it does show an option about message it says read out senders information when new messages arrive, have any of you tried it with hands free mode turned on in Android??

Archived