Give me ideas for my new 6.2

300 miles on my 2014 Sierra with the 6.2. Engine seems to have little surges. Feels like it is always shifting or the computer is cutting it back to save fuel. Anyone else feel this way? I'm coming from a diesel where the torque is instant and that's why I wanted the 6.2. Is this something that a different air filter, air box or exhaust will help with? Is this just the way it is with VVT and cylinder deactivation? I hope happiness is out there...

I honestly dont feel this in my truck. I do alot of pulling with a duramax and know what your referring to about the torque but my truck doesnt really surge like that. My 2010 did and my brothers 2011 did till we replaced the TPS but I couldnt imagine yours being bad already. I will tell you this for sure!! When it gets broke in in about another 2000 miles its a different animal!! It will learn you and your driving habits also. Dont give up yet!! Seriously tho go get you a tune! It will make you love it even more!! Transmission will transform into a diff machime!

Ok, so getting a tune is the way to go. Will that void the warranty? Who is everyone using? Does intake and exhaust fall into the "tune" category?

I want to clarify that the truck doesn't surge dramatically, but I do see the tach drop off 100-150 rpm, and then drift back up without any change in throttle position. Sometimes it doesn't feel like a steady pull from take off, more like a slow run between 600-1500, then it really jumps from 1800-3500. I hope this makes sense.

Drive train warranty gone. I have read where some are still getting things like alternator and ac repaired under warranty but engine, trans and possibly rear end... I wouldn't count on them to cover it. I'm a tuner and mine is still stock, I have two friends with newly lifted 14's and they decided not to even have me recalibrate their speedo because of warranty. But... We are all poor so we are giving it a little time for the bugs to surface before we start meddling with the tune.

Archived