Chevyrcg’s 2014 Silverado LT Double Cab Build

Chevyrcg

Hey man that carbon interior is looking sweet! Would it even be worth trying for someone with no experience in vinyl, I wouldn't want it to look bad.

How does glow in the dark thread look in the sunlight? Grey or something?

Hey, carbon fiber is easy to do, just have to have patience.

The glow in the dark thread looks white in the daytime…. it’s cool stuff but remember it has to be exposed to light beforehand to glow. So you would have to hit it with the dome light or a light source for it to stand out in the dark. It’s a cool concept, but not as wildly effective as it sounds. The best scenario would be to have a backlight wired up in your truck and then it would really be something crazy.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be pretty sweet idk how you'd mount a backlight without it looking cheesy or such a way where it wouldn't get you in any trouble. The novelty of a little glow in the dark thread and a small black light is really appealing though.

I ordered a 60x12 roll of black cf and anthracite cf. I will test my skills on the bow ties with whichever color I like the least of the two before I take my talents to the interior items.

Hey, carbon fiber is easy to do, just have to have patience.

Yeah not as bad as I thought. Have you tried to take the covers off the ac vents? I did the driver and passenger doors, but I am having trouble getting anything else to come off and I don't know if I could put it on in place.

Yeah not as bad as I thought. Have you tried to take the covers off the ac vents? I did the driver and passenger doors, but I am having trouble getting anything else to come off and I don't know if I could put it on in place.

The only piece I took off to do so far was the DIC surround. That comes off easy, if you do a Youtube search for removing 2014 silver ado radio, the first part is how to take off the surround.

As far as the A/C vents, I can’t figure them out as well. I used a few of the panel removal tools i have and really put some pressure on them but nothing popped off. I was told that to get the trim off you have to take that whole corner off and that it is one piece. I was afraid of braking something so i stopped trying to force it off. I will do those pieces in place. Give it a shot, it’s not that hard. Use a hair dryer to “WARM” up the vinyl to work it around the compound radius’, do a little bit at a time and you should do fine. Do the DIC surround first off the truck and it will show you how to work the vinyl around the curves and radius’. Then tackle the A/C vents!

• 1 month later...

Do it up man, I can sell you the vinyl to do it at my cost… I own a graphics company. let me know if you are interested!

Thanks for the compliments .

Sorry for the long delay! I am interested if you wanna message me prices. Do you think these material will work on my front emblem too?

Sorry for the long delay! I am interested if you wanna message me prices. Do you think these material will work on my front emblem too?

I am interested in the same. I was thinking of doing my front and rear emblems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im very interested in your carbon work. I would love to do mine but feel I likely lack the ability still a very awesome look.

Do your stripes run down the roof and tailgate aswell?

No Stripes on the roof or tailgate, not considering the roof, just a waste of very expensive material, thinking of tailgate, but haven’t got to it yet.

Carbon Fiber is $3.15 a square foot, will definitely work on emblems.

I am interested in the same. I was thinking of doing my front and rear emblems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely work on emblems, I did mine with flat black instead of the CF.

Carbon Fiber is $3.15 a square foot, will definitely work on emblems.

Will definitely work on emblems, I did mine with flat black instead of the CF.

Sign me up. Do you have a picture of your emblem? Up close preferably.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived