Remove Interior Door Panels?

Hello,

Im new to these forums, but hopefully someone can help me out here.. I am putting new speakers in the front and rear of my 2014 Sierra Double Cab. Can anyone tell me how to properly remove the front and rear door panels? I am afraid i will break them by pulling when there was a hidden bolt i was unaware of or something :(

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I used a nut pick to get those two small trim pieces off, and a wide putty knife(3 inches wide) to remove the bigger hockey stick looking trim piece(starting from the bottom of the hockey stick at the end closest to the armrest and moving back and forth along the hockey stick until it popped off). I then removed the six screws that hold the door panel on. A small telescopic magnet can be useful to help remove one of the screws from the panel once you unscrew it all the way.

I pulled the panel off from the speaker side of the panels first and didn't break anything. A couple of clips stayed in the door and I used a plastic trim removal tool from a trim panel removal tool kit(6 piece) that I bought from Crutchfield that has a "V" in it to remove the clips stuck in the door. I didn't use that kit for anything else and I probably could have used a rag and a pry bar, screwdriver or needle nose pliers, but it did remove the clip without damage so I won't complain.

I then pulled up at the top of the door panel and ended up removing the weatherstrip and door panel all in one piece. To reattach the door panel to the door, I had to slide the weatherstrip out of the clips that attach it to the door panel and door. Then I used needle nose pliers to remove the clips that hold the weatherstrip from the door panel and slide them back in place at the top of the door. I then reinserted the weatherstrip back into those clips and was able to snap the door panel back in place after doing that.

I also had to attach the clips that hold the hockey stick trim piece in place to the hockey stick first and then insert the whole hockey stick trim piece to the door. I tried to just snap it back in place without removing these clips from the door panel, but I pushed one of the clips into the door panel when I tried and had to pop the bottom of the door panel off again just to get the clip. I used needle nose pliers to remove those clips from the door panel.

I haven't attempted the rear doors yet.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and you won't have as many "learning experiences" as I had with these things. :lol:

Archived