FLRSGM10 Plug & Play remote start install video

After many, many requests but not enough time, I finally shot a video yesterday to illustrate how simple the installation is on the FlashLogic FLRSGM10 add-on remote start system. This is the unit that simply plugs and plays into the 2007-14 GM trucks & SUV's (and way more) and allows remote start from the factory keyless fob, or accepts add-on remotes for extended range operation.

In this video, I cover the installation of the module in the truck in real time (finished in 7 minutes) and the programming required to operate (4 minutes), as well as the install and operation of the Car Connection Pro, which is a plug-in module you add to the OBD2 port that at a basic level allows vehicle tracking, vehicle health reports and maintenance info, Zone Alert operation, etc., and when tied into the FLRSGM10, it allows remote start/keyless operation from an iPhone/iPad or Android phone or tablet, or via the online interface. It is a VERY COOL system when done, and duplicates pretty closely the factory OnStar app functionality at about a third of the cost for a subscription.

This is truly the poor man's remote start & tracking system - the FLRSGM10 is about $150 by itself and the Car Connection piece is under $200 and you can do this install yourself in under an hour very easily.

The video covers the installation in a 2011 Tahoe (mine), and very honestly was accomplished in about 20 minutes start to finish, even doing the demo:

Please don't flog me for my overuse of the term "go ahead" - I didn't realize I used it that much until I watched the video... :- )

Here are some screenshots of the Car Connection Pro interface on the iPhone (Android is the same) and the online interface:

iphone_tracking4.jpgiphone_remote1.jpgiphone_alert.jpg

PC-Remote-Access.jpg

tedd_map1.jpg

• 5 years later...