My NEW 6.2L DENALI 8-SPEED IS BULT AND ON THE WAY TO THE DEALER

i picked my new one up last week, 15 (dealer calls them 15 1/2?), i got the 6.2 w/8spd, magna ride, sierra denali, i ordered it with all available factory options, rear seat entertainment system, 4glte wifi, sunroof, driver alert pkg, and also opted for 22"s. I've had an 08 and an 11 sierra denali, this one is definitey nice, the interior is way nicer.

however I'm having a few trivial issues with it - after picking it up, i was in the dealer lot for about an hour setting up onstar, even gave them the $10.00 for an additional 300 minutes on their cell network, but my log in would not work on the iPhone app or logging in on the computer. called on start 6 times and files a case, they're gonna escalate it to a senior tech official - whatever.

also the navigation hasn't been working, the gps box on the screen has a line through it showing that its not working, even the compass is not working on the dash main cluster. gonna play with it later, maybe pulling the fuses to reset/reboot it will help?

its a nice truck, and I've been a gm fan forever, but i wish gm would get their s*it together, the truck was ordered back in july, but then built later than promised, even had an ordering number. tried tracking it on they site, but only the dealer could track it. then it took forever to get loaded on the freight train, then sat in nj for a week before it finally arrived. i overheard lots of shipping issues with escalades and yukons coming from texas, mine came from mexico.

i so wish the truck had the key fob like the escalade where it opens the door without pressing the button on the remote, its so convenient when you drive a car that has it, along with a push button ignition. every time i turn the ignition key, its not like older cars where the amount of time you turn the key cylinder is the amount of time that you're applying to the starter in the starting position, now i just barely turn it, and you get the sense that its a relay/module that takes over to start the engine, i wonder how that would work 10-15 years down the line.

i ordered the weather tech digital mats and the window inserts. contemplating on getting the borla exhaust and the subwoofer. with my 11 denali, i kept a detailed log of fuel usage, mpg, etc where that got an average of 9-11 mpg, mostly nyc driving. I'm curoius what ill be getting now. i kept it after thinking about what the difference in use was gas vs e85.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand your pain, but you got on of the first 6.2/8sp's to be delivered.

We like the keyless on the on our car as well. It been discussed here and there are good arguments for and against.

You correct about the start. They key is telling the computer that a start is requested. The computer takes over and does the rest - even if you let go of key.

Let us know how it drives and what type of mileage your seeing.

Should have a subwoofer in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived