My NEW 6.2L DENALI 8-SPEED IS BULT AND ON THE WAY TO THE DEALER

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dealership is suppose to call today to see the status since its been waiting for the last set of transportation in a shipping yard in ohio after it got off the train now just need the hauler to show :banghead:

when my 2014 came in it took long to to get from the same bay in ohio to pittsburgh.. must not be many GMCs going to that dealership I'm guessing and waiting for a full load of GMCs

will keep everyone updated!!

thanks

Any headway? Just got word that my truck is on a railcar in TX on its way to NC.

Any headway? Just got word that my truck is on a railcar in TX on its way to NC.

Well bad news for me

i guess the dealership lied or confused the order number because my truck has not made it to Ohio yet it only left Mexico last week and this week was spotted on a rail in texas and i have an estimated delivery date from GMC of 11-8-14

i had to call GMC myself to get this info and i called 3 different people at my dealership i got the truck from and no one would give me an answer… and the worst part the manager was the one who said the truck was in Ohio on 10-18-14

But its okay I'm happy its coming and my trucks on CARS.com which was cool to see

saw about 10 6.2L 2015 Sierra Denali Online so far

excited to get the new truck and the white diamond paint (switching from summit white)

Will keep the form informed on what happens should be in Ohio this weekend if not monday then its a few hours till it comes to pittsburgh

Anyone else getting polished wheels besides the chrome? the dealership listing shows 20 polish wheels… idk if i will like them since i always have had chrome just have to clean them in the salt season

plans on getting 24's or 26's in the summer but like the chrome look of wheels on a luxury truck better … your opinions ??

Our trucks are on the same train. How we're you able to see your truck on cars . com.?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do a google search of your VIN, see if anything shows up.

Our trucks are on the same train. How we're you able to see your truck on cars . com.?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do a google search of your VIN, see if anything shows up.

i actually called GMC and they told me everything i wanted to know and they have updates on all the trucks..i simply called the 1800 number for customer service as long as you have full name email VIN and order number they can tell you everything

Well bad news for me

i guess the dealership lied or confused the order number because my truck has not made it to Ohio yet it only left Mexico last week and this week was spotted on a rail in texas and i have an estimated delivery date from GMC of 11-8-14

i had to call GMC myself to get this info and i called 3 different people at my dealership i got the truck from and no one would give me an answer… and the worst part the manager was the one who said the truck was in Ohio on 10-18-14

But its okay I'm happy its coming and my trucks on CARS.com which was cool to see

saw about 10 6.2L 2015 Sierra Denali Online so far

excited to get the new truck and the white diamond paint (switching from summit white)

Will keep the form informed on what happens should be in Ohio this weekend if not monday then its a few hours till it comes to pittsburgh

Anyone else getting polished wheels besides the chrome? the dealership listing shows 20 polish wheels… idk if i will like them since i always have had chrome just have to clean them in the salt season

plans on getting 24's or 26's in the summer but like the chrome look of wheels on a luxury truck better … your opinions ??

I ordered the 20" polished aluminium wheels for my '15 SLT 6.2L/8-Speed as the chrome option was no longer available. I ordered my new truck in black, so I think the polished wheels should look good against the black paint. I do have the same wheels in chrome on my 2014 SLT and they look really good, they are just hard to clean in my opinion. Both sets look good in my opinion.

Keep us up to date once your new rig arrives...since ordering my '15, I am really anxious to find out how other they compare with the 14's and how the 8-speed drives.

Are you guys able to get/order a 3.42 rear end?

Only if you order the 6.2L with max tow pkg.

5.3L = 3.42 or w/max tow 3.73

6.2L = 3.23 or w/max tow 3.42

So I take it mpgs would be "slightly" better with the 3.23 over the 3.42 unloaded? But maybe a more snappy feeling with the 3.42?

That's the theory, but of course it also depends on how the truck is being used.

Archived