MyLink frozen screen?

I had a horrible dealer experience dealing with this issue. If any of you are under warranty you need to demand the dealership replace the HMI at the very least. A new head unit demand next if even a single issue arises after HMI. This an incredibly common problem amongst GM owners across all platforms. The dealers know the problem and they know the fix, they just put you off as long as possible because I’m guessing the parts are expensive even for the them.
The problem will not fix itself, it will not just stop happening. Have you ever heard of a electronic device that has issues and just makes itself better. They can do the updates, they can reprogram but it’s a equipment issue. The equipment is faulty and will not self-correct. Pulling the fuse, disconnecting the battery, etc will be temporary fixes, not long term.

if you are out of warranty you can try buying a HMI interface off EBay or elsewhere on the web. If you can’t get it preprogrammed you will need to take it in and have dealership or other service place do it. Probably gonna cost $150 for just the programming at dealership, stereo shop may be able to do it cheaper. Unfortunately if this doesn’t fix the issue you need a new head unit. I would absolutely not buy a used one, chances of it develop it he same issue is very high. New ones are like $800.

Your final option is to go through a company like Cruthcfield. I love that place. I priced out a new head unit, face-plate, all wires and harnesses to use the trucks existing controls, steering wheel, menu’s, etc. I think the total was like $850.

Don’t back down if your under warranty. Do some cursory searches and you will find a ton of vehicles with this problem. Print out 3-4 and take em with you.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It has a very simple fix. Just as anything else some computers freeze and need to be rebooted. To easily fix this problem disconnect your battery completely from your vehicle for at least 30 mins. Once you have done this you can then reconnect the battery thus resetting your vehicles Ecu (computer). This is safe, cheap, effective with little side effects other than having to change the time and date back to your standard time zone.

It has a very simple fix. Just as anything else some computers freeze and need to be rebooted. To easily fix this problem disconnect your battery completely from your vehicle for at least 30 mins. Once you have done this you can then reconnect the battery thus resetting your vehicles Ecu (computer). This is safe, cheap, effective with little side effects other than having to change the time and date back to your standard time zone.

• 7 months later...

My truck has been doing this for almost a year. Dealer could get no code and when I shutoff the truck it would work again, for awhile. I drive it to the dealer the next time it did it and they saw it and still no code. Many months later they have replace the navigation module and antenna. It did it on the way home. Still waiting for fix.