05 5.3/4L60E....315k

My 05 has over 315k on the clock with the original motor and trans. Bought it with 95k on the clock and swapped in new plugs and wires and new brake pads. Haven't had to change the plugs or wires since that day which is very unusual to me. Anyone else with this kind of mileage on their truck?

Wondering how long it will go....kinds feel like Kramer and the salesman miling the test drive for more miles while the guage is on empty!

You keep taking care of it, the truck will continue to go. Just stay with the routine maintenance. I'd still check those plugs from time to time. After 200k miles it may be worth the time to change, they could be getting weak.

Now that's what I'm talking about! None of this, "I've got 36,000 trouble free miles...blah, blah, blah" mess. Of course you do! A Yugo would about do that. But, 315,000! That's the ticket, and what I expect from my trucks!

I change the oil every 3-4k...hoping it lasts until I can find a good price on a 6.0!

If by good price you mean less than $2000 for an LQ9 thrn lower your expectations

Hey Texas Red, I've got 197000 miles on my 5.3, I've changed plugs twice, not so much that they needed replacing but to see if I could get them out without breaking them. They seem to get a tad snug after a while.

Personally I'm content with the LQ4, plus if I realllly wanted to I could do some upgrades and get it tuned to be even better.

You would need some internal work for that

If by good price you mean less than $2000 for an LQ9 thrn lower your expectations

Actually, I'm not just a casual buyer who has to accept market prices on anything. Luckily I have a friend who works on exotics during the day and regular trucks and cars over the weekends. I am figuring on about $2500-3000 for both the motor and the trans with less than 60k on both. Been doing trade outs with him for years and he's got a few IOUs from the motor supplier to cash in. I can get a 5.3/4L60E for about half that, but I really am thinking about the bigger motor & trans. If all he has is the LQ4, I won't be disappointed.

I am running Valvoline and have been in all my vehicles since the 90s. In this one it's 5w30.

Archived