New 2015 Denali HD and ?s

All,

I somehow managed to talk my fiancé into a new truck! Went this weekend and picked up this beauty. I never would have expected to buy the Red but it grew on me a lot. We camp with a travel trailer so black was out because of dirt/pollen showing and had a white 1500.

Couple questions:

1) How do the dual batteries work? Together, one for engine one for accessories? Do they have protection if I have the radio playing for extened periods or head lights on?

2) New Power Mirrors

- Anyone try to get the mirrors to reset by hitting it three times open and closed?

- Also, my passenger mirror does not seem to be going down with the reverse setting?

- And, are the new tow mirrors in a set position in terms of moving arms forward/back? I would like to move the driver mirror forward a touch, but it seems to click in the current position.

3) High Idle - I set this to on and it looked like it kicked in today when it was 50 degrees. Should I leave this on?

4) Should I let it idle to warm up? Used to gas engines and just jumping in and taking off

6) I remember rice burners back in high school having turbo timers to allow for cooling. Do diesels need anything similar?

x3e6tt.jpg

Thanks for any feedback!

-Bryce

Good looking truck, that is not a bad color in my mind. I can't help on the new mirrors but with my truck I do let it "warm" year round before I put it into gear and take off. Right now it is just a minute or two, long enough to turn on the "engine braking button" and put my name badge on for work and then I'm off, when I get to work pull up park let the engine idle down crack all windows and then turn the key off, I have about a 10 mile drive that takes about 20 minutes most days. Hope this helps. :jester:

Archived