Transmission Pan....

Just passing some time looking up some parts from partsamerica.com and see that there are 2 different transmission filters for the 4L60E transmission. One says 4L60E w/deep pan, and the other says 4L60E w/shallow pan. How do you know which one you have, and does anyone know the measurments of a shallow pan vs a deep pan? Thanks! :flag:

Yeah I was hoping for a measurment on a deep pan and a shallow pan!

there's about a 1.5 inch difference.  if you have tow package, or even pre-tow package, you prolly have the deep pan.  if you've tried to take the pan off, and found out it's a royal PITA, you have the deep pan. :flag:

will the shallow pan filter and gasket that I bought fit on the deep pan?  or, do I need to return this part and get the deep pan kit?

is there an easy way to tell which pan I have before I start the process of changing my trans. fluid?

I have looked at mine and it appears to be very easy to change, especially with the drain plug. There is nothing in the way either. I think there is a different # for the filters, deep vs shallow, that is according to FRAM filters. I thought someone would know for sure what the measurments of each pan are.

I have measured mine and it is approximatly 3 inches deep, and part of it toward the rear is a little shallower. If a few of you guys could measure yours and let me know, maybe we can find out the depth of a shallow and deep pan. Thanks!

Archived