Line X

so I called line x san diego cause I got tired on waiting for them to send me a quote. I asked how much the line x premium cost and he quoted me at $560!! and then I asked how much would it be to get the white and he said the line x xtra is another 375 so the total would be $935. I was shocked! im not paying close to 1000 for line x to be white even though I really like the way it looks. I guess im not getting it white. 560 is not bad but some of your guys are getting it for a lot cheaper! im jealous.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting my truck sprayed this Friday. Getting the bed done and it's getting undercoated while it's in there. The bed liner is costing me $450. I haul a lot so I'm going to end up getting a plastic drop in liner on top of the spray coating. Only to prevent the bed from getting dented up majorly.

Anyone have any problems with the line X installers getting overspray on the paint if their trucks or Windows or anything? I've never seen how it is applied and looking at getting line x as well. I would think they cover everything up but thought it was worth asking. I'd be mortified if my truck came back and there were little black flecks of line x all over the sides of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any problems with the line X installers getting overspray on the paint if their trucks or Windows or anything? I've never seen how it is applied and looking at getting line x as well. I would think they cover everything up but thought it was worth asking. I'd be mortified if my truck came back and there were little black flecks of line x all over the sides of my truck.

When I had it done to my old truck. They taped off the bed and then put a giant plastic sheet over the cab of the truck. Didn't have any issues at all with over spray.

When mine was done the other day I noticed how they did it....mind u I didn't see it in person BUT....

They had a black sheet of plastic hanging from the ceiling cut in the middle. Judging by how it looked and pics I've seen on the interwebz....looks like they back into this sheet of plastic and tape off from there to shield the cab, aftee that they tape off the bed sides....they remove the tailgate to spray it. FWIW I had NO noticeable overspray anywhere on my truck. I was extremely nervous just like you....it all turned out fine. Don't worry, they do this everyday. Good luck whatever you decide.

Sent from my Note 4

so I called line x san diego cause I got tired on waiting for them to send me a quote. I asked how much the line x premium cost and he quoted me at $560!! and then I asked how much would it be to get the white and he said the line x xtra is another 375 so the total would be $935. I was shocked! im not paying close to 1000 for line x to be white even though I really like the way it looks. I guess im not getting it white. 560 is not bad but some of your guys are getting it for a lot cheaper! im jealous.

WOW willie....never thought it would be almost 400 more $$ to get color match. JEEZZZZ. Yea, I'd probably just go with the black haha....have you priced a couple more shops?? Usually they will price match even if it's not real close to you.

Sent from my Note 4

WOW willie....never thought it would be almost 400 more $$ to get color match. JEEZZZZ. Yea, I'd probably just go with the black haha....have you priced a couple more shops?? Usually they will price match even if it's not real close to you.

Sent from my Note 4

Yeah that's what I said. I guess I gotta get black. I called rhino liner and they were around the same price. I'm just going to stick with line x cause I didn't like rhinos website lol

Man $400 extra is alot of scratch .... not worth it IMO

Yeah I thought they were just going to make it white not put another whole coat on top of the priemum.

Premium is a little rougher. The platinum is sprayed over the premium and makes it a lot more slick. If I remember it right.

Nope, Platinum is NOT sprayed over Premium. Actually, Platinum is slightly rougher than Premium.

• 6 months later...

Archived