Intellilink - How Does One Find The Current Available Version?

I am currently fighting the Intellilink system in my new Denali, and I'm curious if it is possible to find out the most recent version of the software. I realize I can call the dealer, but I don't really trust my dealer to have the answer. And in the future, I'd like to know when updates are released so I can take it in for an update.

I know where to see the current software version in my truck, but I'd like to compare it to the current release of the software. I tried looking through the Intellilink website, but didn't see anything anywhere. So any thoughts?

If you press power, home and menu at the same time it will open a dev screen. From there scroll down to the HMI tab and press menu. You will find current hardware versions there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. You can find the SW version that you have installed. I don't think it tells you anything about your HW though, so you won't be able to really tell if you have the "latest" without going to your dealer. Or maybe you can call the Intellilink Customer Service line and get help from them. They were able to help me get my Instrument Cluster reprogrammed on my 2014 Denali that kept resetting.

• 1 month later...

I think it varies depending on your options.

Mine was just updated when they did the 4G Onstar upgrade.

How did you get the 4G onstar upgrade ? I asked my dealer about it and they told me it was only available in Canada . unless your from Canada then it would make sense : ). If not love to know how you got it would like to also

How did you get the 4G onstar upgrade ? I asked my dealer about it and they told me it was only available in Canada . unless your from Canada then it would make sense : ). If not love to know how you got it would like to also

Canada is Shutting the entire 2G network down. So Onstar never had a choice since that is the system it used. I was already having issue with remote starting using my Cell as the towers were already going off line.

It's working now only Onstar added a new message stating this vehicle is connected to limited Onstar services. Every time the truck starts now I have to listen to the message and its pissing me off.

I too had the 4G upgrade done to my 14 sierra and also had the onstar limited services warning randomly start working about a month after upgrade. It would say the same message you are talking about everytime I started the truck. I ended up calling onstar and got them to remove the warning. However, you have to call onstar from your vehicle by pushing the onstar button.

Archived