Fog Lamps Auto On

Not sure if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn't find.

I am looking o have my fog lights turn on automatically when my head lights come on. Anyone figured out how to make this happen?

Not possible without programming the bcm, the link that was posted is to be able to have the fog lamps stay on with the high beams I believe.

I asked the GM engineer about this along with Chris in regards to the bcm programmimg.

Not possible without programming the bcm, the link that was posted is to be able to have the fog lamps stay on with the high beams I believe.

I asked the GM engineer about this along with Chris in regards to the bcm programmimg.

it's not just stay on with the high beam. but it's also on when your headlights are on.

it's not just stay on with the high beam. but it's also on when your headlights are on.

When that thread came out I followed it, you still have to push the button on the dash to get the fog lights to turn on. The OP is asking about auto on for the fogs or like how some other manufactures do which is last known switch position.

The GM lighting engineer told me the reason GM does it this way now is do to DOT regs. The DOT came to the manufactures years ago about driving/fog lamps and told them if they didn't change the way the lights operated by making them default to the off position the the Feds/DOT would use legislative action to force them to make the change. GM opted to make the change years ago, my wifes old car would remember the last position, her new car (Audi SQ5) defaults to off at each key on cycle.

When that thread came out I followed it, you still have to push the button on the dash to get the fog lights to turn on. The OP is asking about auto on for the fogs or like how some other manufactures do which is last known switch position.

The GM lighting engineer told me the reason GM does it this way now is do to DOT regs. The DOT came to the manufactures years ago about driving/fog lamps and told them if they didn't change the way the lights operated by making them default to the off position the the Feds/DOT would use legislative action to force them to make the change. GM opted to make the change years ago, my wifes old car would remember the last position, her new car (Audi SQ5) defaults to off at each key on cycle.

mine is on automatically with the headlights. I never have to push the foglights switch. May be you didn't read the whole thread. There are 2 ways to have the fog lamps on with the High beam and auto with head lamps.

Archived