Radio upgrade from factory i0b

So I've been able to find answers elsewhere to some of my questions.  When you buy the system from Infotainment.com they send you an IOB module (I assume used from another truck) already programmed for the camera that you then swap with the existing IOB.  You cannot upgrade an IOB to an IO5 or IO6 without swapping out everything.  

Camera P/N 23244435 that GM Upfitters lists has been changed to 84062896.  Same camera just changed the number.  You also need to buy the handle 84016231 like TripleSix states above.  So, from what I can tell, what TripleSix did should be the cheapest and best route depending on what the dealer charged to program the computer to accept the camera.  TCSC charged him $50 also.

The only question I have left is to TripleSix.  Did you have the electronic locking tailgate like I do?  I have read that they both share the same plug and I'll have to remove some pins to marry them together and then plug in.  I know you had dealership install the latch and camera so you don't know how they did that part.  I want to save some $$ and I'm sure I can handle that part.  Just need to know if you had the auto locking tailgate to know if I can even do this.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived