Radio upgrade from factory i0b

I just got my 2016 sierra 1500. I has the i0b radio code that basically comes with nothing but the 8in touchscreen screen. I want to add the factory back up camera but haven't been able to find any info on the i0b radio and adding anything to it like people are doing to the i05 and i06

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The aftermarket so far has support for IO4 and IO5/6 radios via Rostra. Nothing for the new 7" IOB yet.

NEW! Elevation Edition, includes (NZQ) 20" x 9" Black-painted aluminum wheels, (QSS) P275/55R20 all-season, blackwall tires, (G80) locking differential, (DL8) outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, (DP6) body colored mirror caps, (TRB) body color accented grille surround, (AQQ) Remote Keyless Entry, (A91) remote locking tailgate, (AKO) deep tinted glass, (B86) bodyside, body color moldings, (KI4) 110-volt AC power outlet, (UF2) LED cargo box lighting, (IOB) 7" diagonal monochromatic display radio with IntelliLink, (UE1) OnStar, (VV4) OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, (UQ3) 6-speaker audio system, (B30) carpeted floor, (VB5) front body-color bumper, (VT5) rear body-color bumper with corner steps, (D75) body colored door handles, (T3U) LED front fog lamps and (V76) Black recovery hooks on 2WD model. Note: No changes or substitutions to the included (SXL) Elevation Edition equipment will be allowed other than a change to (RC7) P275/55R20 all-terrain, blackwall tires if so desired. Tires, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, (Z82) trailering equipment and (U2L) XM Radio are select available options.

I'm surprised the dealer didn't load it with the camera when they ordered it as it is available on Sierra trim with either the Elevation or the Sierra Convenience Package (PDD). All other trims its standard (SLE, SLT, Denali).

I just got my 2016 sierra 1500. I has the i0b radio code that basically comes with nothing but the 8in touchscreen screen. I want to add the factory back up camera but haven't been able to find any info on the i0b radio and adding anything to it like people are doing to the i05 and i06

Check with Carl @ Digital Dash Solutions. He does really good work and has really good pricing for upgrades. I am not sure what he would have for the IOb, but if something is possible he would know. http://www.fixmygauges.com/ Carl 860-792-8021 OR 860-583-0629.

MVI is currently looking for people to help them upgrade IOB radios.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/160886-VENDOR-MVI's-HMI-Upgrade-Thread--Video/Nav-Entry-in-Motion,-Textin#entry1765011

I'm in the same boat as you except mine came with a backup camera. I tried to upgrade to the Alpine restyle except the wiring harness for the IOB is different than the IO3, IO5, etc...

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The power of Android combined with the security of BlackBerry.

MVI is currently looking for people to help them upgrade IOB radios.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/160886-VENDOR-MVI's-HMI-Upgrade-Thread--Video/Nav-Entry-in-Motion,-Textin#entry1765011

I'm in the same boat as you except mine came with a backup camera. I tried to upgrade to the Alpine restyle except the wiring harness for the IOB is different than the IO3, IO5, etc...

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The power of Android combined with the security of BlackBerry.

Can I ask for a huge favor? Can you snap a pic of where the back up camera plugs in under the truck on the left side by the spare tire

What is that? Is that a manufacture option or a Dealer created option? Never heard of it.

Elevation Edition is factory available on reg/double/crew base level sierra.

SXL NEW! Elevation Edition, includes (NZQ) 20" x 9" Black-painted aluminum wheels, (QSS) P275/55R20 all-season, blackwall tires, (G80) locking differential, (DL8) outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, (DP6) body colored mirror caps, (TRB) body color accented grille surround, (AQQ) Remote Keyless Entry, (A91) remote locking tailgate, (AKO) deep tinted glass, (B86) bodyside, body color moldings, (KI4) 110-volt AC power outlet, (UF2) LED cargo box lighting, (IOB) 7" diagonal monochromatic display radio with IntelliLink, (UE1) OnStar, (VV4) OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot, (UQ3) 6-speaker audio system, (B30) carpeted floor, (VB5) front body-color bumper, (VT5) rear body-color bumper with corner steps, (D75) body colored door handles, (T3U) LED front fog lamps and (V76) Black recovery hooks on 2WD model. Note: No changes or substitutions to the included (SXL) Elevation Edition equipment will be allowed other than a change to (RC7) P275/55R20 all-terrain, blackwall tires if so desired. Tires, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, (Z82) trailering equipment and (U2L) XM Radio are select available options.
1 - Requires a Double Cab model and exterior color: (G1K) Stone Blue Metallic, (GXG) Iridium Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White or (GBA) Onyx Black. Not available with: (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package, (BG9) graphite-colored rubberized-vinyl floor covering, (AZ3) front 40/20/40 split-bench seat, (PCX) Chrome Appearance Package, (V22) chrome grille surround any Ship Thru code, any LPO wheels, (H2Q) vinyl bench seating or SEO (8F2) Ornamentation Delete.
IO5 and IO6 are not available on base level sierra.

They look like little jumper harnesses from the BCM which is farther up. I would have to drop the spare to look any further.

For 2016 this is the new Rear Chassis Electrical upfitter Connections.

http://gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/698/UI%20Bulletin%20_129.pdf

"The use of an electrical junction block at the rear of the vehicle frame has been replaced with individual connectors for the 2016 model year for the full-size LD and HD pickup trucks."

For 2016 this is the new Rear Chassis Electrical upfitter Connections.

http://gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/698/UI%20Bulletin%20_129.pdf

"The use of an electrical junction block at the rear of the vehicle frame has been replaced with individual connectors for the 2016 model year for the full-size LD and HD pickup trucks."

Dude thank you so much. Can't thank you enough. I got really discouraged when I looked under mine and seen that plug all the to the right "the dummy plug" and thought that was for the camera but when I pulled the plug out it had no pins in it. But your saying it's the one next to that dummy plug which I do have

Archived