Help with wiring in DSP

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to start my install and I was hoping you guys could give me a hand. (also I read through Hozer's build post but still have questions http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/178355-hozers-2014-sierra-audio-upgrades/)

I'm planning on keep the stock head unit and installing an Audison Bit Ten DSP, I purchased the Metra 71-2107 and Metra 71-2057 harnesses but now I don't think I need them. My plan is to take the signal from the front and rear doors (not dash so chimes should be safe) and send to the Bit ten, I'm going to use Stinger Speedwire to keep it clean and easy. Anyway, send the signal from the speaker output wires to the DSP, from the DSP to the amps I will use RCA's and then from the amps I will use speed wire back to the clipped wires running to the speakers, I will use the speed wire to connect the remotes as well with one jumper for the remote from the mids/highs amp to the subwoofer amp.

Playing this out in my head I see no reason for the use of a wiring harness, am I correct?

The amp I'm using for mids/highs is a Soundstream RN4.900D and I am installing Hertz HSK165 mids and highs in the front, I will probably leave the rear door speakers alone until they blow and then replace with a Hertz coax.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Where did you get your Bit Ten? What are you doing for lows? Sorry not to offer any help. Just trying to figure out what I want to do with my audio

I'm going to end up adding a Fi SSD 10" sub in a ported enclosure at like 33 hz and run in on a Soundstream RN1.2000D

I haven't picked up the bit ten yet but I will probably just get it from woofersetc or ebay.

• 2 years later...