2016 5.3L no power

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My truck shifts funny on a turn also, not every time but enough to annoy me. Does your truck downshift with a clunk in traffic? I have found that our trucks don't like to be driven lightly.

Yes mine was very clunky to the point where it annoyed me enough that I traded for a Ram truck. The hemi and 8 speed tranny is an excellent combination. It isn't as fancy as the Denali but is very impressive when it comes to power and torque.

I don't find my 5.3L the least bit weak or lacking. I'm at 840 miles on it from new and after a careful break in (what's the rush?) I'm finding this 2016 Sierra Z71 has plenty of power on tap. Feels more torque y than my '14 F150 5.0 STX did, similar top end and gets better mileage. I recall that when I bought my 2010 Challenger R/T with Super Trac Pack that it felt awfully weak and pathetic until I upgraded the exhaust and installed a Predator performance tune. Then she woke right up. It was like night and day quicker and meaner. I am not in any doubt at all that the GMCs 5.3l, Diablosport tuned up with a better flowing exhaust and maybe a cold air intake would have very satisfying amounts of HP, torque and instant punch. Having said that, if it were tons of power I was after more than anything else, if I wanted a racing truck I'd have surely gotten the 6.2l and did all my favorite engine/exhaust mods and let it rip!

Yes mine was very clunky to the point where it annoyed me enough that I traded for a Ram truck. The hemi and 8 speed tranny is an excellent combination. It isn't as fancy as the Denali but is very impressive when it comes to power and torque.

I drove one of those this past weekend. I was impressed. That and the F-150 with the 5.0L are definitely more responsive in the throttle input department. I have a hard time getting past the interior in the Ram though.

Archived