Replica Wheels

Anyone have any feedback, good or bad, regarding the replica wheels? I hit a curb and bent one of my wheels badly. I actually cracked it. The replicas are considerably cheaper than OEM.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" really applies to the replica wheels that I have seen. Check with the local salvage yards, craigslist, and ebay for starters. Many times you can get a set of take off wheels with tires for price of 1 wheel.

I would typically agree with the above statement except for when all you're paying extra for is branding. Most of the reputable replicas are made by the same folks as "GM" wheels. I've had a couple of sets and not one issue.

What are the reputable replicas? I have zero experience with replica wheels. I was looking at OE Wheels. So far I have one person who has had replicas without issue. Anyone with bad experience (personally)?

I've searched Craigdlist and all I can find are complete sets with tires. Salvage yards around here typically want about 75 cents on the dollar these types of things.

Not an exact comparison but 8-9 years ago I bought replica Z06 wheels for my Camaro and they have been absolutely fine. It's not a daily driver but I've put about 10K on them.

Archived