Trans slip, Additives?

Hi, i have a hard 1-2 shift and a slip between 2-3 shift. yes i've checked and change fluid. Its weird because when the trans is cold it doesn't slip, only when its warm does it slip. But I have to wait until july to get a full rebuild, so what are your guys thoughts / experiences with Lucas Oil Transmission Fix? Or any additives to that matter. Thanks. 4L60E

it's not unusual for a old trans to sift better cold than hot. The only thing you can do is drive easy try shifting yourself letting off when shifting. If it gets worse change the filter. If you are somewhere and you just need to get home I heard but never tried brake fuild may help get you home buts that's about it.

What Lucan is primarily is a thickener, and it might help since the transmission fluid thins as it gets hot...

As stated, it's not a fix...but it might buy you some time. Worth the $10/bottle? That's your call...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My 01 started doing the same thing at about 180K miles. I dropped the pan, changed the filter and refilled it with Mobil 1 fluid. Lasted about 80K miles before it started repeating the same symptoms. I need to do it again and see if that will buy some more time or if its just worn out.

My 01 started doing the same thing at about 180K miles. I dropped the pan, changed the filter and refilled it with Mobil 1 fluid. Lasted about 80K miles before it started repeating the same symptoms. I need to do it again and see if that will buy some more time or if its just worn out.

Did you just do a change or a flush?

Archived