Alpine PDX-5 Cuts out at high volume

Hey guys, don't really know to much about specifics on audio and maybe one of you guys can help.

I have a Alpine PDX-5 Amp, and when i crank up the volume up around 25-30, eventually all sound cuts out. The head unit stays on, the blue light on the amp stays on, but theres no sound. I have heard of people having similar problems but there solutions dont work and i kinda dont understand the lingo they use.

Its hooked up to 4 Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1s, all on seperate channels, and two subs on the mono sub channel which are Kicker Comp C10's i believe.

Could it mean i have a dying amp? I've checked the remote wire and it all seemed good.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

"Eventually"? Minutes? Seconds? Several minutes? Just a few minutes?

How are the subs wired? You are not exceeding the load the amp is designed for are you?

Could be thermal or other amp protection kicking in. The amp feel fairly warm when this occurs?

• 5 years later...

I have the same problem. I have 2 alpine R 6.5 components in the front and 2 alpine R 6x9 in the back. 1 alpine type S 10 inch sub. If I turn the volume up it shuts off the sound. I shut my deck off turn it on again and it works until I crank it up again, then it's the same problem. It's not too hot because it will do it right when I start the vehicle if the volume gets turned up. If I disconnect the sub I have no problem. I've tried 2 different subs, same issue.