5.3 to 6.2 intake swap

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a thread about swapping to a 6.2 intake, but I can't find one.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what all is needed besides the intake and the throttle body? Is it a hard swap to do?

Any pointers or heads up would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbolt the 5.3 manifold, remove (reuse) the orings and add them to the 6.2 manifold and bolt it on. You will need the TB o ring because it's bigger...so manifold, TB, Larger oring and it took me less than an hour to complete. Easy easy.

RT

Just out of curiosity,

After the swap, do you NEED a tune?

Also, from reading some other threads on the swap, if I remember correctly, another member "Jon A" says their no real gain from doing the swap; that all the gain comes more from the intake tube. ( Not the manifold)

Your thoughts, please.

Unbolt the 5.3 manifold, remove (reuse) the orings and add them to the 6.2 manifold and bolt it on. You will need the TB o ring because it's bigger...so manifold, TB, Larger oring and it took me less than an hour to complete. Easy easy.

RT

Will the new TB come with a new o ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the swap where you install the throttle body from an old corvette motor. I love it.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

It's not an old Vette motor, this is current platform Vette TB. Although I would suggest a ported TB from one of the Vette forum vendors. throttle response is so much better

I was reading in another post about the throttle body coming from an LT1. I don't know first hand any of this. I am thinking about doing it when my truck hits 100,000. I am watching and taking it all in. I loved my 95 corvette with the Lt1 and would get a kick out of this mod for my truck.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level