Well, I found this forum after searching around for grill lighting ideas, and found that y'all have a firearms subforum so I decided to join! I'm more in to shooting than I am trucks, so i figured this would be the best place to say hello. I live in central NC and am in the meat processing industry. Been shooting for about 10 years and competitively for the last 6-7. Mostly in to ARs and the modern stuff, but I have a few of the classics in the safe as well. I try to shoot 2-3 matches a month (USPSA, 2 gun and occasionally 3 guns) from March-October, and generally try to run drills 1-2x per week. Drive a 2016 1500 Silverado WT after finally convincing my companh to buy me one (9 months old with 43,xxx miles on it so far), and also have a 2008 1500 Silverado LT. I also have a 2015 RZR 1000 that we take to WV and some of the riding spots in NC. This seems like a very informative site with a lot of good ideas so I hope to learn some from the truck guys that know a heck of a lot more than me!

Edited by GridlockH8
  • Like 1

Also, I like to tinker with stuff, and never liked any of the vehicle mounting solutions I could find on the market, so a couple years back I made something similar for my 2008 and recently made this one for my 2016. Just a piece of scrap stainless sheet we had laying around that I bent and bolted together and mounted under the dash with a Safariland QLS mount system.

post-172162-0-50028000-1493134549_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, I like to tinker with stuff, and never liked any of the vehicle mounting solutions I could find on the market, so a couple years back I made something similar for my 2008 and recently made this one for my 2016. Just a piece of scrap stainless sheet we had laying around that I bent and bolted together and mounted under the dash with a Safariland QLS mount system.

I like that set up, I've been looking for something to mount in my truck and nothing I've seen I like. Yours is nice.

Tomorrow will never arrive, live life now.

Well just an update...that setup worked well on my 2008, but I guess the plastic under the dash is a lot thicker and secure than the plastic under the dash on my 2016. After hitting a few thousand bumps in this thing, that little pop in clip that holds that section of the dash on has gotten loose and no longer stays in place. It still has a screw to the right of it, but the left side of that plastic panel drops down every time I slide my gun in. I'm going to have to figure out a more secure way to attach that plastic piece where the ash tray normally goes underneath the

• 6 months later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:22 AM, GridlockH8 said:

Well, I found this forum after searching around for grill lighting ideas, and found that y'all have a firearms subforum so I decided to join! I'm more in to shooting than I am trucks, so i figured this would be the best place to say hello. I live in central NC and am in the meat processing industry. Been shooting for about 10 years and competitively for the last 6-7. Mostly in to ARs and the modern stuff, but I have a few of the classics in the safe as well. I try to shoot 2-3 matches a month (USPSA, 2 gun and occasionally 3 guns) from March-October, and generally try to run drills 1-2x per week. Drive a 2016 1500 Silverado WT after finally convincing my companh to buy me one (9 months old with 43,xxx miles on it so far), and also have a 2008 1500 Silverado LT. I also have a 2015 RZR 1000 that we take to WV and some of the riding spots in NC. This seems like a very informative site with a lot of good ideas so I hope to learn some from the truck guys that know a heck of a lot more than me!

Welcome....

Welcome to the forum man.

I tell you I've seen a lot of holster mounts for trucks and they are normally crap. Steel mount with proper locking safariland. Only thing could be better is if was stage 2. Great setup though. Interested to hear if you find a better solution to the mount in your 2016.

• 5 years later...
On 1/10/2018 at 1:51 AM, Penguin VII said:

Welcome to the forum man.

I tell you I've seen a lot of holster mounts for trucks and they are normally crap. Steel mount with proper locking safariland.OnlyFnaf thing could be better is if was stage 2. Great setup though. Interested to hear if you find a better solution to the mount in your 2016.

I have never used a hanger. however I don't think it's as bad as you say 

Edited by oilumiun12