2016 Yukon Denali with TVS2300

Love coming home from a long work trip to some fresh new mods on the Pavement Princess!

TVS2300 is on and she is leveled out with a SuspensionMaxx kit. Now I just gotta remove some tread to warrant new tires....

18527088_1361283037242891_74157619281251

Love coming home from a long work trip to some fresh new mods on the Pavement Princess!
TVS2300 is on and she is leveled out with a SuspensionMaxx kit. Now I just gotta remove some tread to warrant new tires....

Very jealous.

Do you know the RWHP or HP at crank?

Is it realistic to expect 150,000-200,000 reliable miles with a boosted truck if you're not abusing it?

That may be a stretch, my 99 Ford on 5lbs of boost was still going strong at 100K miles that was two years and HWY miles obviously. My 92 Chevy after 10 years with a Whipple needed to be refreshed at 80K miles. Still going strong 15 years later five with me, does like oil though. So I guess it depends on what kind of oil usage you can live with. The good thing about boosted small blocks you don't need to RPM them to death to feel the power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had over half a dozen DDs with superchargers on them, and never had an issue. We do however, maintain them very well, and make sure that we are not beating on them in subpar situations. We personally have never ran a vehicle to 200K, but with proper maintenance and supporting mods, it is obtainable.

We have had over half a dozen DDs with superchargers on them, and never had an issue. We do however, maintain them very well, and make sure that we are not beating on them in subpar situations. We personally have never ran a vehicle to 200K, but with proper maintenance and supporting mods, it is obtainable.

What supporting mods would you suggest if the only other mod is a supercharger? Thank you for answering my questions.

That may be a stretch, my 99 Ford on 5lbs of boost was still going strong at 100K miles that was two years and HWY miles obviously. My 92 Chevy after 10 years with a Whipple needed to be refreshed at 80K miles. Still going strong 15 years later five with me, does like oil though. So I guess it depends on what kind of oil usage you can live with. The good thing about boosted small blocks you don't need to RPM them to death to feel the power.

I'm going with a procharger since they build boost from 3000 rpm on rather than full boost off idle like a roots style does. My thinking is when I'm driving normally (which is 95% of the time, and like a grandpa according to my wife lol) I won't be in the boost much if at all almost all the time. Then when I do get on it I have some extra power.

My 92 had a boost gauge, lean- rich gauge on the pillar. Dials under the dash for boost retard, RPM, timing and a light for denoting, green yellow red. I just leave them alone they all have a green zone. It's probably all old school being it's a 92. It's runs damn good though so I don't push my luck

I'm going with a procharger since they build boost from 3000 rpm on rather than full boost off idle like a roots style does. My thinking is when I'm driving normally (which is 95% of the time, and like a grandpa according to my wife lol) I won't be in the boost much if at all almost all the time. Then when I do get on it I have some extra power.

Ive had both types, I can say I like the power on the bottom end keeping the RPMs and shifts points low. May be harder on the transmission but I don't go crazy on the traction so I have to work the right foot a little tires are cheap compared to blowing things apart.

Amen, these motors have no top end power.

For a daily driver, I think you'd really be much better off with a roots or screw charger than a centrifugal. The only benefit I would give a procharger over a magnacharger and even more so a whipple, would be a smoother power application at lower RPM. The magnacharger is easy to smooth out with tuning, the whipple due to its bypass design is always going to want to be jumpy.

In terms of drivability, the cost of a procharger is pretty high for the very little gains you'll see in most day to day type driving. Compare that to a magnacharger or whipple where you'll find that you don't end up needing to use as much throttle as you otherwise would to accelerate and can hold a higher gear for highway acceleration, passing and even towing.

For a daily driver, I think you'd really be much better off with a roots or screw charger than a centrifugal. The only benefit I would give a procharger over a magnacharger and even more so a whipple, would be a smoother power application at lower RPM. The magnacharger is easy to smooth out with tuning, the whipple due to its bypass design is always going to want to be jumpy.

In terms of drivability, the cost of a procharger is pretty high for the very little gains you'll see in most day to day type driving. Compare that to a magnacharger or whipple where you'll find that you don't end up needing to use as much throttle as you otherwise would to accelerate and can hold a higher gear for highway acceleration, passing and even towing.

I get what you're saying, and I completely agree that the roots blows away the centrifugal type on bottom end. My truck is a 6.2l 8 speed max tow, and I'm honesty pretty happy with the low end it has. I like the linearity of the procharger, and the fact that just kicking the throttle down enough to downshift puts the rpms at 3000 along with not really putting any additional stress on the engine with normal driving (at least that's my hope.) I'm sorry I derailed the thread. Carry on with the tvs2300 lol.

Yeah I personally just enjoy the powerband more of a centrifugal, more like a turbo.

I haven't driven either of them on a truck so my opinion is not worth much.

I really like the process of building boost though. More sports car like. Roots, from looking at dyno's, seems more like a "big block crate motor swap"

I think the roots is probably more reliable and easier to deal with as well.

Yeah I personally just enjoy the powerband more of a centrifugal, more like a turbo.

I haven't driven either of them on a truck so my opinion is not worth much.

I really like the process of building boost though. More sports car like. Roots, from looking at dyno's, seems more like a "big block crate motor swap"

I think the roots is probably more reliable and easier to deal with as well.

I really liked the powerband of a centrifugal as well for my needs.

The heatsoak from a manifold mounted supercharger was one thing I didn't like. I guess with the reliability if you change the oil every 6000 miles then I wouldn't think the procharger would have much of a reliability problem. I just don't like the idea of a roots pushing all its boost in my engine when I'm cruising at 60 mph at 1400 rpm. That to me is unnecessary wear and tear imho If I'm wrong about either please someone correct me. I'm not above learning anything new.

Archived