Flowmaster Big Block

I had one installed on my truck. I notice no loss of power so far. My temps are a bit lower. No MPG test yet.

The sound is pretty good. Kind of mild for me. It has just enough to know there is 364 cubes of small block Chevy under the hood.

If you are looking for a mello tone this is a good choice. With out a fear of a torque or hp loss this seems like a good muffler.

The only drawback..cost. Had to take it to the muffler shop and have it installed. We ended up running a 3 inch tail pipe from the muffler. Not mandrel bent or anything fancy just standard exhaust shop pipe. My muffler shop is good, he did a super job on the install, he charged me good too. But it looks good, sounds good and I would have to say worth it.

Summit Racing has them for 126$. And the thing arrived the next day UPS. Good service form them. I think MSRP is 146$.

Flowmaster pn 530513.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I might be wrong(or they might be) but some of the hop up shops say on the 8.1 the best power comes from the stocker. They say all you will get from Aftermarket is a different sound so Ive been reluctant to switch mine out.

I did put a sweet Gibson 4" tip on it and would like a tad more rumble and growl, but if it isnt going to make more power/torque for towing I dont know if its worth it.

Plus the stocker looks to be a good flow unit with 2 in 2 out to a single 3.5 inch outlet.

Archived