how to reset voice recognition?

Sounds like you may have a mic issue. Also, they've had various software updates for the MyLink or Intellilnk systems (depending on your make) which may address this very issue. I'd call the dealer and ask about what those updates are suppose to address. There was an update release earlier this year, March/April time I believe, that addressed the screen going black, etc.

seems like my truck doesn't want to hear me any more. i also got a phone call and all was normal other that the other person could not hear me.

Happens to me occasionally. If I hit the Bluetooth button on the phone call to switch it to the phone, then immediately turn it back to bluetooth it fixes it

i watched a video that said a work around was to hit the onstar calling button and then hit it again to sort of reset the mic. well when i hit the button on the mirror i did not get an onstar prompt so i thought to myself that is strange. so i went digging in the owners manual and found a fuse labled mirror /controls (or something of the sort) and the one for the infotainment system so i turned the truck off and pulled both fuses for about 30 seconds. put them back in and all worked again. so there was a hang up in one of those two things.

Archived