Steering wheel controls illumination

I remember when my truck was untouched and new my steering wheel controls would light up but then I put an aftermarket stereo now my controls don’t light up anymore is there a fuse that I could replace for the back light to work ? 2014 Silverado crewcab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 14 did the same thing. I don’t think it’s as easy as a fuse. I remember that the instructions that came with both of the SWC adaptors it tried specifically mentioning that the back lighting would not longer work.

Until I got my 17, I honestly forgot that they used to light up and I had no issues just doing it by feel.

My 14 did the same thing. I don’t think it’s as easy as a fuse. I remember that the instructions that came with both of the SWC adaptors it tried specifically mentioning that the back lighting would not longer work.

Until I got my 17, I honestly forgot that they used to light up and I had no issues just doing it by feel.

Yea that’s probably what mine said as well thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting to note.  The only time I have seen mine not "light up," was about a year into ownership, and then I cleaned my steering wheel, removing dead skin cells and wife's makeup residue.

Recently, I was looking at replacing my stereo with one that has NAV and a 6-disc (MP3 compatible) changer in it, like my '10 Ridgeline did.  But now, maybe, I'll put that one on the back burner, until I find one that I know for sure will work with everything else in my truck.

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...