Rear Lift Block?

I know there is 3000 pages on leveling kits and I have read through pretty much everyone of them. LOL

I still have a few on unanswered questions regarding the rear block kit for a lift on my 2017 

I going with a front 2" motofab front spacer kit but would like to lift the rear as well. I'm looking to add 1-1.5" to the rear. 

Do you all recommend  tapered or NON-Taped blocks and should I add a set of shock extenders to my stock shocks?

Thought someone would have hit this already. 

Tapered blocks? You mean wedges for pinion angle correction? It's a try and measure exercise. That said you will need longer "U" bolts as well. On the shock extensions. Yep. When these trucks are empty the shock is near the top of it's nine inches of travel already. You can drop them 3" or so and use the factory unit but lift? Yea, use the extensions. 

• 2 months later...

I asked the guys at Rough Country, they seem to think you don't need shock extensions or any other changes to the rear end, i.e. brake hose extension or wiring extension until you go up to 4" or above.

So, does anyone know for certain if we need tapered or non tapered 2" to 2.5" rear lift blocks?

Archived