Kicker Sub stage with Bose 7 speaker

I know it works with the Bose systems. Just wondering if anyone installed the Sub stage and left the center console Sub active. The Bose sounds good just needs a little more thump. Just wondering how it sounded with both on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it works with the Bose systems. Just wondering if anyone installed the Sub stage and left the center console Sub active. The Bose sounds good just needs a little more thump. Just wondering how it sounded with both on.

I have a cerwin Vega flat 12” under the rear seat and left the factory bose sub active. I couldn’t really tell it was there before and can’t really tell now. Door speakers provide more base than it does.

I have a cerwin Vega flat 12” under the rear seat and left the factory bose sub active. I couldn’t really tell it was there before and can’t really tell now. Door speakers provide more base than it does.

Yea that’s pretty much the same here door speakers give off a lot of base. Just wasn’t sure if it would sound weird or out of sync but it’s not really doing all that much to begin with. I had the kicker system in my 15 and it was def more alive base wise. The Bose does a good job there just not a lot of lows.

Yea that’s pretty much the same here door speakers give off a lot of base. Just wasn’t sure if it would sound weird or out of sync but it’s not really doing all that much to begin with. I had the kicker system in my 15 and it was def more alive base wise. The Bose does a good job there just not a lot of lows.

No weird noises to report. My setup cost less than 200 for sub and wires and fits under the back seat of a double cab. If your not trying to spend 500+ on the kicker.

1 hour ago, Bushleaguechew said:

No weird noises to report. My setup cost less than 200 for sub and wires and fits under the back seat of a double cab. If your not trying to spend 500+ on the kicker.

would you mind sharing more specs about your set up, please :)

would you mind sharing more specs about your set up, please [emoji4]

Cerwin-vega Mobile VPAS10 Powered Active Subwoofer Enclosure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010X439SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XB1HAbKFMTJKB

BOSS Audio KIT2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Wiring Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKP7TY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_uC1HAbS4X8YJK

And some splice connectors I had at home.

I’m gonna do the kicker sub I had one in my 15 I sold it and bought the sub only for the 18. Could I tap off the bose amp in the back sub output Instead of running the signal wire to the front kick plate left front speaker. Would it work that way?

I mean just thinking out loud why run the wire to the front kick panel when I have a sub connection right on the back wall. I have seen people hook up amps to this connector on the Bose. I assume it should work the same for the kicker setup.

I mean just thinking out loud why run the wire to the front kick panel when I have a sub connection right on the back wall. I have seen people hook up amps to this connector on the Bose. I assume it should work the same for the kicker setup.

That’s where I connected my sub. Not sure if the kicker has low or high level inputs

That’s true good point that I am not sure of just figured it would be a cleaner signal going from sub to sub. I sent kicker a email to see. Any other way to find out if it’s high or low.

That’s true good point that I am not sure of just figured it would be a cleaner signal going from sub to sub. I sent kicker a email to see. Any other way to find out if it’s high or low.

Amp/radio to speaker is high level. Low level are usually on the back of the radio specifically for powering an amp. Not sure what’s under the drivers kickplate

Archived