adding a cold air intake

Intake it is recommended, exhaust you should be fine until you add headers. 

Also, the tune might be the best investment over either of those, my trans really tightened up and smoothed out, noticeable power gain. 

I installed mine several weeks ago and haven't had a tune. I've thought about getting one but wanted to wait until I got a few more things done. One tidbit of information is I disconnected my battery just as the instructions recommended and left it disconnected for approximately 45 minutes. A mechanic friend of mine also recommended this as it would do a hard reset to the ecm and force it to relearn the fuel curves and such. I've not seen a tremendous increase in horsepower but then again I'm not trying to race it, I have noticed an awesome difference in the sound of my engine especially when accelerating. You should be okay without a tune unless you want one. 5c217a5491e46a9f9ea4642c3aead354.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, SWOYER said:

Intake it is recommended, exhaust you should be fine until you add headers. 

Also, the tune might be the best investment over either of those, my trans really tightened up and smoothed out, noticeable power gain. 

Which tune are you going with? I want to tune mine

I went with diablew. I don't really care for the Diablo tuner but we're not tuning a street rod either. The tool is just a vehicle for Lew to get what he needs to your truck. It was a noticable difference adding an intake and his tune.  There are more expensive options but I couldn't justify it for a daily. And Lew is great on customer service. 

I recently had the dealer install the GM Cold Air Intake on my 2016 Sierra 5.3 V8 and I have noticed a lot of power increase as well as +2 miles per gal fuel millage the only down side is the deep throated sound when accelerating not noticeable under normal driving. This video may help you decide it was the one I watched that helped me make up my mind. Good luck! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryyqwT28Ua4

Archived