Lower Control Arms (benefits of aftermarket)

So i just did the 6.5 Zone lift last week and was under the truck yesterday installing the skid plate that came in. And noticed one of the joints on the lower control arm, the rubber was pushed up and you could see the metal under the rubber boot.. 
i know this is not normal and pretty sure i did that when i was trying to remove the original steering knuckle.

Since i cant go to the dealer for my mistake/damage.. im looking around to go ahead and find some aftermarket control arms.. upper and lower if beneficial to do so.

If im going to replace them, would i benefit from some good aftermarket ones or going back with original factory ones be just as good.. 

Just looking for some pros and cons of replacing them.. 

If i go with MOOG or any other, will i benefit any? I dont mind replacing now to insure everything lasts and is safe going down the road.. just wanting to research as much as i can before i just buy a set.. and if i do go aftermarket, they will clearly not be the same material as the factory, so will my lift kit still works since it was purchased specifically for the stamped steal control arms?

not sure about a  full LCA swap but I changed my lower ball joints to MOOG and am really happy with them. Not sure if this helps but I feel like between the new LBJs and the cognito UCAs I installed at the same time, the suspension has a little extra travel and is a little smoother

So if i just replace the lower ball joints, is that something i can do myself or requires a shop? 

I mean i have plenty of tools and 20ton press, if that is needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it in my buddy's driveway. its not the hard to change the balljoints yourself. Just remember to go straight to a shop after to get your front end aligned. Also mark off where everything is as you are pulling it apart to try and keep from being way out of alignment

Archived