Wet Carpet Drivers side only

Anyone else with wet carpet issues? I noticed a musty smell and discovered my carpet is soaking wet under the floor mat on the drivers' side, thoughts?

Anyone else with wet carpet issues? I noticed a musty smell and discovered my carpet is soaking wet under the floor mat on the drivers' side, thoughts?
What kind of floor mats do you have? I had the premium Chevy floor mats in mine and noticed my carpet was getting wet due to the area under the gas pedal not being protected. Snow and salt was getting under the mat and the carpet was all wet underneath. I switched to weather tech mats. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These are the ones that came with the truck, however they don't really cover the carpet that well. I was considering that may be the problem. I am going ot get the carpet cleaned and hopefully get some of the musty smell out.

You have a leak somewhere. I had three leaks one of them major. One of the leaks was coming from the fire wall area, another from OnStar antenna, and the last one that got fixed was from the third brake light on the rear of the cab. Spots that I noticed were wet were d/s front under the mat, and with the cab light leak it was d/s rear under the mat. I suppose it could be else where depending on where your parked (road/drive way grade)

All were fixed under warranty. I tried calling gm and mentioning I was worried about electrical problems and mold in hopes they would offer me something with no luck. Didn't really care though the dealership took care of it and did a good job. It's piss that it happened but other than those leaks the truck hasn't given me any problems and it's a 2015 so I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just read your other post, I had weather tech mats so I knew no water was getting under them from myself. But your s could very well be from dragging in snow etc. Hopefully that's the case

18 minutes ago, Cwildman said:

You have a leak somewhere. I had three leaks one of them major. One of the leaks was coming from the fire wall area, another from OnStar antenna, and the last one that got fixed was from the third brake light on the rear of the cab. Spots that I noticed were wet were d/s front under the mat, and with the cab light leak it was d/s rear under the mat. I suppose it could be else where depending on where your parked (road/drive way grade)

All were fixed under warranty. I tried calling gm and mentioning I was worried about electrical problems and mold in hopes they would offer me something with no luck. Didn't really care though the dealership took care of it and did a good job. It's piss that it happened but other than those leaks the truck hasn't given me any problems and it's a 2015 so I'm happy with it.

DId GM find the leak or did you find it and take it in? I'm due for a service and thought about mentioning it to them.

Edited by gpd387
grammar

I found the leaks, after the first one I check more often, especially with the weather tech mats, you would never know you had a leak unless you pull then often and check. There was so much water under the carpet that you could hear it slosh when you pushed the carpet up and down.

3 hours ago, gpd387 said:

I went to my dealer with the same complaint.  They determined it was the shark-fin an replaced it under warranty.  At first I thought the wet carpet under the floormat was water wicking in from snow on my boots.  I noticed an occasional drip above my emergency brake pedal when it was raining heavily and I was sitting at idle.  Dealer seemed to take wet carpet complaint seriously and didn't try to suggest it was due to the weather.  After the repair, I ensured the carpet was thoroughly dry and clean before I installed Husky Weatherbeater Floor liners. These offer fantastic coverage, look great, and keep my carpet dry. 

What kind of floor mats do you have? I had the premium Chevy floor mats in mine and noticed my carpet was getting wet due to the area under the gas pedal not being protected. Snow and salt was getting under the mat and the carpet was all wet underneath. I switched to weather tech mats. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Premium in dealer description is a joke. WeatherTech floor mats all the way. I plow snow occasionally in a Sierra Denali and have the WeatherTech formats and it is perfect never any carpet wetness and the excess water goes out over the door threshold if there is any ,no mess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 9:18 AM, Donstar said:

I went to my dealer with the same complaint.  They determined it was the shark-fin an replaced it under warranty.  At first I thought the wet carpet under the floormat was water wicking in from snow on my boots.  I noticed an occasional drip above my emergency brake pedal when it was raining heavily and I was sitting at idle.  Dealer seemed to take wet carpet complaint seriously and didn't try to suggest it was due to the weather.  After the repair, I ensured the carpet was thoroughly dry and clean before I installed Husky Weatherbeater Floor liners. These offer fantastic coverage, look great, and keep my carpet dry. 

Soaked mats both front and rear ... I tipped the shark-fin to the side and water ran out between the gasket and the roof.  The gasket has a small gap at the rear where anything can run in.  Since my '14 Sierra is out of warrantee, I'll just clean around the gasket and use some clear sealant around it.  Hope this is the only leak ... durned mats and paddings are saturated ...

This antenna leaking thing is an ongoing problem, I am totally disgusted with how GM continues to use the same damn thing knowing that this is a problem. I have a 2015 Sierra HD it's a beautiful truck it's an awesome truck however I've been in the GM 5 times to replace the Shark Fin and have them seal it replace the microphone because it gets destroyed replacing the entire antenna because it corroded inside, they still installed the same way. There's no upgrade. They are completely insane. It is true however if you mention that your carpets wet and you have mold they will take care of it the last thing they want is a health issue mold contamination in the vehicle. When I mention mold they took it very seriously they repaired it, it work for a while and then of course leaked at the carwash, then it doesn't leak during some rain. So I never know when I'm going to jump in my truck and wet carpet wet brake pedal or my Dash getting destroyed because of moisture and water getting behind it.

My truck went out of warranty 5000 miles ago I don't believe they repaired this properly they extended my warranty on the shark fin for 25,000 more miles. Extending the warranty does me no good when my truck is continuing to have the problem with a leaking antenna.

Now I hear GM's closing some of the plants.

I am seriously reconsidering which manufacturer that I go with. I know they all have their problems, but fixing a problem as simple as an antenna leaking shouldn't be that big of a job.

If you attempt to work on this antenna yourself during warranty. They will void your warranty and blame you for locking in moisture. So be careful of that, make a big stink it sounds like a little thing but make a big stink about this antenna thing. All the new vehicles continue to have the same antenna.

Apologies to all the Grammar Nazis, I voice text so it is what it is.

One more common leak area is the top corner of the windshield. I don't personally have experience with this, but from what I've read, it's aways the top of the windshield, the shark fin, or the third brake light.

• 1 month later...

I  got the  truck 3 weeks ago and I am having a water leak issue. I found it because I was putting on the AMP power steps and was running the wires up through the grommet in the floor when I noticed the driver side under the carpet was soaked, carpet stayed dry  just the sound deadening material was soaked . I checked all other doors and this seemed to be the only one. This happened after running through a car wash. I am taking it to dealer today to have it checked, I will update.

This has been an ongoing issue for me over the last three years hit-and-miss the antenna leaks. Sometimes no then sometimes it does the dealer has tried to fix it 4 * and I gave up on the dealer. I opened it up and silicone it myself and it appears to be better finally