Wet Carpet Drivers side only

If you have a sunroof sometimes they say it could be the drain tube for the sunroof. Or if you ever ran something through the firewall and didn't put the grommet back you could get water on the driver side floor pan as well. Has your visor area ever been wet or stained? That would tell you it's the antenna. Others might chimed in and mention the third brake light also has been an issue. I've never had that problem myself.

My 17 had a leak on drivers side only when vehicle would sit a certain angles.

Ended up being the sunroof drain tube where it went through the firewall came disconnected.

Took pictures with me that helped dealer a lot also have weather tech mats so you could see the drop and puddle.

Hope you got/get yours fixed

On 11/27/2018 at 3:54 PM, nbtx said:

Soaked mats both front and rear ... I tipped the shark-fin to the side and water ran out between the gasket and the roof.  The gasket has a small gap at the rear where anything can run in.  Since my '14 Sierra is out of warrantee, I'll just clean around the gasket and use some clear sealant around it.  Hope this is the only leak ... durned mats and paddings are saturated ...

Make sure you get it noted at the dealer though.   This is a known issue.  GM bought my '17 back.  Water destroyed my electrical.  I've heard of some having an issue for the water over a year after the leak was fixed (wires corroded).   Doesn't hurt to get it noted.   Plus, I think in '14 they still had the 10 year corrosion warrantee.  this should be covered under that.

Keep in mind of the mold issue if you take it back to the dealer and you mentioned the mold lssue.   Not  only electrical corrosion issue they seem to move a hell of a lot faster because of a health-related issue which could stem to extremely large lawsuits.

• Like 1

This antenna leaking thing is ridiculous stupid, Beyond stupid. This has been ongoing since they put the stupid Fins Up on the Roof. They're well aware of it they extended my warranty on it until I ended up fixing it myself, they couldn't fix it or didn't know what to do to fix it.

• 10 months later...

I picked up an new 2019 Silverado 2500 a week ago this past Friday.  The next day I went to put my Weather Tech Mats in and notice the drivers side carpeting was wet.  Took it back to the dealer.  They dried it out but could not duplicate the issue. They did pull up a service bulletin for the sun roof drains and performed the service in the bulletin.  I got it back on Thursday, drove it through a touchless wash on my way home from work on Friday.  I parked it until Sunday Morning and when I checked the carpet was wet along the sills along both the front and rear doors.  There was moisture on the bottom of the Weather Techs.  No sign of any water on the headliner.   Very frustrated.

13 minutes ago, jerrycad472 said:

I picked up an new 2019 Silverado 2500 a week ago this past Friday.  The next day I went to put my Weather Tech Mats in and notice the drivers side carpeting was wet.  Took it back to the dealer.  They dried it out but could not duplicate the issue. They did pull up a service bulletin for the sun roof drains and performed the service in the bulletin.  I got it back on Thursday, drove it through a touchless wash on my way home from work on Friday.  I parked it until Sunday Morning and when I checked the carpet was wet along the sills along both the front and rear doors.  There was moisture on the bottom of the Weather Techs.  No sign of any water on the headliner.   Very frustrated.

Welcome to the site.

I would check with them to see exactly what they did, sounds like all 4 drain points are disconnected.

I would also have them check the 3rd brake light for leaks.