Visor Tint Length

I just booked an appointment to have the visor and rear window tinted and they asked if I wanted 6", 8" or 10" visor strip. I said 6" to stay within the law but i'm curious to see what 8" and 10" look like on 2014+ Silverado... anyone have pics? 

14 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

I'm not sure on the length but I had the shop do it all the way down to the rear view mirror. I'll snap a few pictures later today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm thinking that would be 6" which is all I really want. 10" seems like it could make the cab feel claustrophobic 

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:49 PM, drentlaw1 said:

I just measured mine and it's 12" on the sides and 10" in the middle. I went with 5%. I also did 50% on the rest of the windshield

IMG_20170619_191715976.jpg

983.jpeg

looks great! 

On 4/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, drentlaw1 said:

Here's a picture of the inside.

IMG_20180414_104253761_HDR.jpg

I was looking at doing the same with mine, BUT CA has a law that says that you can only tint the top 4" of the windshield. 

Illinois is 6". It's almost too much for me. The line height for my torso height is almost like looking around a lined bifocal lens. Took me awhile to stop ducking under the line at stop lights. Bet that looked goofy. It's perfect at night. Looking just under it and if some fool has his brights on I sit a little straighter and look over it for a few seconds. Limo black visor is way to dark for night driving. 

IMG_20180414_104253761_HDR.jpg

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1