Looking at 2013 Duramax

I get leary about low mileage trucks so this one has me worried but i am still going to look at it tonight. According to what ive found its a 2 owner truck, 2013 with 43000 miles. With such low miles and 2 owners it makes me nervous. I had a 2002 that i bought in 05 with 70k on it. I ended up installing a built trans and a high hp tune and ran it for 40k miles that way until i traded it in at about 140k. never had a single issue with that truck. Am i overthinking this or would you be wondering what could be wrong with the truck as well?

I have a 2012 that just rolled 30,000 a few weeks ago.  Low mileage is possible if it is not a daily driver and only used occasionally.  Mine is used in the summer to carry our truck camper and tow a trailer with a UTV.  Basically a weekend work truck in the summer and occasional use in the winter.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2013 2500 that just rolled 37k. I live in a small town so lots of short trips. Only time it gets its legs stretched is towing for camping or going to sacramento or reno. There is nothing to be leary of as long as it has had regular maintenance. I am selling it if your interested. Going to down size to a 1500. My trailer is a half ton towable. 

Edited by Jenks82278

I have a 2011 GMC 2500HD gasser that just turned 30,000 miles. It is likely my last truck unless someone gives me some serious money for a new one.

Do your homework, check car fax, perhaps dealer service records, have a mechanic look at it if you don't trust yourself. I don't know if there is an issue or just happened that the two owners didn't use it enough to keep it.

Edited by Scotkb75