jgraves's 2018 Silverado build

jgraves13

Finally found the right pressure washer to go with everything and tested it out tonight. I think I need more soap next time, the foam didn't stick very well, ran off in a couple of minutes. Used about 3-4 oz of CG honeydew. Will try more next time!

9c18ebaa5510bb78189a9c90b7c13ef6.jpg

19de7a1e15cf2dc41b2316db1c10dafe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally found the right pressure washer to go with everything and tested it out tonight. I think I need more soap next time, the foam didn't stick very well, ran off in a couple of minutes. Used about 3-4 oz of CG honeydew. Will try more next time!

What brand is the foam cannon? I also got a electric pressure washer and it seems like it doesn't have enough power to make the soap foamy so it'll sick to the truck. I've thought about buying a gas pressure washer but the electric one fits my needs just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

What brand is the foam cannon? I also got a electric pressure washer and it seems like it doesn't have enough power to make the soap foamy so it'll sick to the truck. I've thought about buying a gas pressure washer but the electric one fits my needs just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It's a knock off chemical guys cannon, made by dusichin

On 8/30/2018 at 8:41 PM, jgraves13 said:

Because thr truck was probably wet before you foamed it. 

Trick is spray the truck just with water first.  To get all of thr big debris off.  Let it dry.  Then come back with the foam full blast

1 hour ago, jgraves13 said:

Wash, clay, and wax today. Not sure if I'll get a white truck next time around, the little yellow bird poops stain the paint and don't come out without a good scrub of a claybar or scratch compund.

795e0c84f0245d9624f3da486d5a7a22.jpg3044dcdf39884588a137216ba3502af7.jpg

Youll want to stick with white. It shows being dirty less than anyother color

If you prep and seal your paint properly, stuff like that will come right off

• Like 1

Youll want to stick with white. It shows being dirty less than anyother color

If you prep and seal your paint properly, stuff like that will come right off

Any steps I should add into the detail above? I'm just getting into being able to detail myself, so still learning.

7 minutes ago, jgraves13 said:

Any steps I should add into the detail above? I'm just getting into being able to detail myself, so still learning.

Depends how long you want to spend outside

I would wash the truck.  Then detontaminate the paint with irox x (if youre not in the sun on a cool day you can clay at the same time)  risne very very well.   Put a good sealant down (twice) do that every other month.  Youre set

Depends how long you want to spend outside

I would wash the truck.  Then detontaminate the paint with irox x (if youre not in the sun on a cool day you can clay at the same time)  risne very very well.   Put a good sealant down (twice) do that every other month.  Youre set

So you'd prefer a sealant over wax? I'll look into some sealants, never really looked into them before

Just now, jgraves13 said:

So you'd prefer a sealant over wax? I'll look into some sealants, never really looked into them before

Sealant lasts longer.  Idont use wax anymore

A sealant i like to use on my white truck is white light from chemical guys. I do 2 coats.  Or i use sonax polymer net sheild

Waxes to me are useless

I carry a can of cleaner in my truck with a soft rag for bird poop, they sure do love a clean blue canvas. But if left in the heat it doesn’t take long for it to etch the paint

This is a good idea that I'll probably start doing. The truck is only outside from about 5pm-8pm at night and 6am-7am in the morning. Small window for the birds to get it, but they never seem to fail! Lol

• Like 1

Sealant lasts longer.  Idont use wax anymore

A sealant i like to use on my white truck is white light from chemical guys. I do 2 coats.  Or i use sonax polymer net sheild

Waxes to me are useless

Good to know, I'll look into them. Thanks for the tips!

• 4 weeks later...