Power adjustable pedals retrofit

Is it possible.to add power adjustable pedals to a 2018 Silverado LTZ that already has memory seats/mirrors? 

I'm assuming I'll need the entire assembly, wireing harness, and new buttons where the console is. Does any programming need to be done? Is this even possible?

Also, do the adjustable pedals retract further towards the firewall than the stock position of non-adjustable pedals?

I'm looking to retract them further in because after owning the truck for a month my right foot is a little cramped from the current angle.

When I performed the Seat Memory Integration, part of that was gaining pedal adjust memory. I already had power adjust but wanted to gain memory recall.

Didn’t know you could get an LTZ with Seat Memory and no pedal adjust.

What I learned is that the way the pedals actually adjust are really different in trucks with seat memory versus trucks without. On seat memory trucks, the power goes from the X51L Fuse Block -> Seat Memory Module, then the commands from the Seat Memory Module -> to the pedal adjust motors.

On trucks without Seat Memory, it goes from the X51L Fuse Panel -> Pedal Adjust motors.

So the “flow” of power go in opposite directions between the Seat Memory versus Non.

Not 100% sure if this helps at all, but from the sounds of it, there will be additional wiring from those locations and their destinations. I don’t recall seeing any BCM interface and don’t think/know if any programming would be required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, pgamboa said:

When I performed the Seat Memory Integration, part of that was gaining pedal adjust memory. I already had power adjust but wanted to gain memory recall.

What I learned is that the way the pedals actually adjust are really different in trucks with seat memory versus trucks without. On seat memory trucks, the power goes from the X51L Fuse Block -> Seat Memory Module, then the commands from the Seat Memory Module -> to the pedal adjust motors.

On trucks without Seat Memory, it goes from the X51L Fuse Panel -> Pedal Adjust motors.

So the “flow” of power go in opposite directions between the Seat Memory versus Non.

Not 100% sure if this helps at all, but from the sounds of it, there will be additional wiring from those locations and their destinations. I don’t recall seeing any BCM interface and don’t think/know if any programming would be required.

I have one of those LTZ trucks with memory seats but no adjustable pedals.  I'd actually rather have pedals vs seats

My Sierra has the adjustable pedals, but I have not tested how far they go back into the firewall. If you can get me a baseline measurement for non adjustable pedals, I will fully retract them and measure to compare them.

• 2 years later...

On 5/24/2018 at 10:51 PM, pgamboa said:

Hey Phil, 

So if I have a 2015 Z71 with no memory seats but I want to retrofit some adjustable pedals, from what you're saying I assume all I have to do is install the pedals to the new switch panel (that will include the switch itself on the switch panel) and run it to the X51L fuse block?

I looked at the Adjustable Pedal schematic (it states without A45) and it appears that the Instrument panel Switch and the Adjustable Pedal Motor runs to the X61A junction block which then runs to the X51L fuse box, which also connects to the K9 Body Control Module and then to the B81B Park Position Switch. 

Am I looking at the correct schematic? am i even correct? lol!!

Looking to upgrade the pedals since my wife is 4'11" and she wants to pedals to come up. 

Page 3 

https://www.gmupfitter.com/files/media/photo/578/Sierra_Silverado_Electrical_Body_Builders_Manual_Service_Manual_2015_en_US.pdf

Edited by BlkZ71Rado

Can’t load the PDF, but you’re in the right track. My truck didn’t come with A45 but had adjustable pedals. So you should be able to add it. Just double check the driver side fuse panel panel for the relays (they might me onboard printed relays and not typical block style relays). Add any missing wiring from switch to pedals, to X61a Junction box, and the fuse panel.