Has anyone had a caliper start to stick on there truck? My front passenger side is sticking and don’t know if I should rebuild it or get a new one. Also what do use for bleeding the brakes on these new trucks anything special?

1 hour ago, Candyman said:

Has anyone had a caliper start to stick on there truck? My front passenger side is sticking and don’t know if I should rebuild it or get a new one. Also what do use for bleeding the brakes on these new trucks anything special?

Curious myself. I would assume that it’s a typical job. Though at 80k I still have >50% pad so I may never need to at this rate!

Edited by bdbake01

Buy you a set of speed bleeders to replace the regular bleeders, makes it a one man job.  Whether you decide to rebuild the caliper or get a new one it is like any other vehicle brake job.

Where did you get your speed bleeders from?

Buy you a set of speed bleeders to replace the regular bleeders, makes it a one man job.  Whether you decide to rebuild the caliper or get a new one it is like any other vehicle brake job.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

From speedbleeder.com.  I've put them on all of my motorcycles and my last truck (2002 silverado).  Haven't put them on my 14 but probably should soon before the OEM ones start to rust to the caliper.  I don't change brake fluid in a cage very often unless it is really dark or I have introduced air into the system.  My motorcycles I change fluid every year so the speed bleeders really come in handy.