GMC Sierra Air Condition loud noise inside cabin

My 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 has had a loud noise inside cabin and GMC service has tried everything to fix it, they new compressor and fan motor none helped. It has been in 5 times for repair but no one could figure it out. Finally on another post I saw a fix so I tried it and so far it has eliminated the noise. :) Cover the incoming metal lines outside under the hood with 1 lb bar of Duct Sealer (found it at Home Depot in electrical dept) form it around metal housing and tubes where lines enter firewall takes only a few Minutes to do. After 2 years of agony I could not believe that it stopped the sounds but it did. I will attach pictures of solution good luck!

GMC Sierra AC line and fix (1).JPG

GMC Sierra AC line and fix (2).JPG

GMC Sierra AC line and fix (3).JPG

What was the noise like? Mine sounds like a bearing going in the fan, gets louder when the fan is on high. Like you, they can’t find an issue.

Sent from under my truck, send help.

Nice job!  Mine was making some hissing noises, but it ended up that GM didn't charge the system at all from the factory.  Once it was charged it was all good.  I am also curious what the noise was that you are getting in case it shows up in my truck.

Found this post from Harold, since he hasn’t come back to fill us in.

GMC Sierra strange noise from Air Conditioning
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=209887&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egm-trucks%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F209887-GMC-Sierra-strange-noise-from-Air-Conditioning&share_type=t

Sent from under my truck, send help.

• 4 months later...

Sorry guys I traded my 2016 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 on 10/06/18 for a new 2018 Sierra SLT SLT 4x4 and no longer have any problems. The above post did fix the AC noise permanently so if your still going crazy from the noise do the simple repair only takes about 20 minutes and you'll never regret it.  I posted the video of the original problem a while back not sure where it went maybe GM took it down, I will repost the URL for you guys. 

Happy with the 18? I realize you just got it.

How many miles were on your 16?

I’ve heard our trucks have good value when it comes to resale if you do it within three years.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, Harold Rutherford. I had the same problem as you do now, buddy. I want to advise you guys not to try to fix your A/C on your own because you might damage it, like in my case. After damaging my A/C, I asked my family and even relatives about this issue but they said that they've never had something like that. I didn't find anything on the Internet about my issue and I was upset. 2 weeks later, my friend found out about my issue and he recommended me to use this site which provides qualified servicing of air condition. I can say that they really helped me a lot, I've never had any issues with A/C since then.

Edited by JammEr21

• 10 months later...