2500HD Mirror Swap

You would probably need to look at a wiring diagram of your door / mirror, and compare that to the wiring diagram of the new mirrors. You should be able to locate these diagrams on Google, but it may take some time and persistence. The electrical connectors may not match, so you may have to cut / splice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, SubaruGenki said:

I have a 2500HD with power tow mirrors. I want to swap them for power folding non-tow mirrors. Can I simply change the mirrors and switch or will I also need to do additional wiring?

If everything as of now is factory you should be able to switch it right over if the mirrors have the same options. It’s all plug and play once the door panel is off. I did it on my 05 1500 from the little power mirrors to power tow mirrors. It wasn’t bad, door panel was a little frustrating 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500hd SLT and I've been doing research for finding out about switching out the opposite way. I have the power fold, heated, electric controlled, auto dim regular mirrors and I need the tow style.  I have found out that the mirrors and the electrical connections are the same for the 2007.5 thru to the 2013 full size GM/Chevy trucks and SUV's. After reading your post it got me curious to see if you are maybe interested in a trade of some type. If you are interested we can talk more about condition and details. If not no problem and hopefully this information will help you with your swap out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:13 AM, SubaruGenki said:

I have a 2500HD with power tow mirrors. I want to swap them for power folding non-tow mirrors. Can I simply change the mirrors and switch or will I also need to do additional wiring?

Are your current mirrors power folding as well? If so you should be fine. Normally if you switch to power folding and didn't have it before then you have to reprogram the bcm.

Edited by Jenks82278

On my 05 Silverado 1500 Z71 I was able to swap the OEM power adjustable, heated mirrors to electrical power adjusted, heated tow mirrors. All I had to do was simply remove old mirror (This requires removing door trim panel) and unplugging electrical connectors. Then was able to plug in new tow mirror (Same electrical connector) and put door panel back on. Works just like the OEM one. I used the ACCP tow mirrors

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk