AC out after 40,000 miles!?!? WTF?!?!

2016 Silverado will be 2 years old on July 1st. Wife and I were out tonight and when we left the last spot, AC took a minute to fire up which I noticed to be unusual. Also, the white backlights on the dash are not lit up on the AC controls, also unusual. AC finally starts to blow but it is not cold.

What I find confusing is that there was no build up to this failure. I would expect a failing AC to gradually build up to a total failure, not it working literally 1 hour prior to it not working. Based on this, my optimistic side would like to think this is a simple fix. AC systems are not something I’m good at diagnosing so I’m at the mercy of a mechanic or the good folks of this forum.

My pessimistic side is ready to throw in the towel on this truck. The fuel pump went out at 35,000 miles and now the AC. I have a front end chatter started after installing the front end level kit. It’s been looked at by 3 different shops and no one can tell me why. This truck has been nothing but problems. The AC is my major concern because I live in south Texas and AC is as important as fuel here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk