Hi Guys,

New to the forum here.

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71 Redline Edition with 11k on it. Recently I noticed a clunk in the rear end with turning in reverse or in drive at low speed. It almost sounds like the exhaust is swinging side to side. I took it to the dealership and they said the leaf spring needed greased but after they did it the sound was still there. I took it  back and they replaced the leaf springs and shackles with brand new ones which helped a little but the noise is still there. They tried pulling the ole "every new silverado does that and this is common after the vehicle breaks in" trick but I'm nearly certain that is not the case. Has anyone else experienced this and what are some options/fixes I can do incase the dealership won't try to fix it (sounds like they wont)? I hope this post is in the right section and I appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Some threads on this. I bought my 15 new I have given up on trying to “fix” this noise and have learned to live with it. I live on gravel so greasing isn’t a option for me. Lots of these trucks out there now with 150k miles on them and I haven’t read about any spring failures yet. 

31 minutes ago, grizz_wi said:

Mine just starting doing it at 10k miles, they will blame my 2 inch drop shackles im sure so i aint bringing it in unless I get ambitious and swap shackles again

Most likely. I have a RC leveling kit on the front installed by the dealer and the first thing they tried to do was blame it on that.