Removing Headlight Assembly

I'm looking to pull out the entire headlight assembly (Silverado) so I can gain easier access to the wiring behind it.  Getting to the wiring from behind just isn't working.  I see two bolts on top that are obvious but I'm sure there is more to it.  Before I pull off the grill or other trim pieces and potentially break some clips and other delicate plastic parts, what else is holding the headlight assembly in place and what do I need to do to get this detached from the truck?

• Like 1

I'm looking to pull out the entire headlight assembly (Silverado) so I can gain easier access to the wiring behind it.  Getting to the wiring from behind just isn't working.  I see two bolts on top that are obvious but I'm sure there is more to it.  Before I pull off the grill or other trim pieces and potentially break some clips and other delicate plastic parts, what else is holding the headlight assembly in place and what do I need to do to get this detached from the truck?

If you have a 16+ Silverado, there are 4 bolts total. 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. For the bottom bolts, there is one on the lower right corner just behind the rubber flap. You’ll want to remove the grille for access. For the bottom left bolt, I found the easiest way is to partially remove the wheel well liner (if you have it) and pull it back a little. You’ll have to poke around and find that bolt. It is oriented such that it points towards the headlight (sideways).

Maybe this pic will help.

db3535411f2545daf85f9f68dbc0413e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...