Titian Fuel tank

28 minutes ago, dave_clt said:

Seeing this post reminded me of a question I've had... is truck stop diesel the exact same Ultra-low-sulfur diesel you get from the 'standard' non-truckstop diesel pumps needed for our trucks?  My googling the question didn't get an exact answer other than sometimes it's taxed fuel and tinted, and sometimes it's not.  Also seem to see complaints that the price is higher.

Also found an interesting writeup on approach

https://thegoodthebadandtherv.com/2016/04/22/fuel-truck-stop/

Yes. 

Taxed and dyed is a different issue.  It's all (now) USLD.

It is illegal to manufacture or sell anything but ULSD in the USA or Canada. 

"dyed off-road fuel" is also USLD. The dye just indicates that road tax has not been paid.

The regulations phased in the conversion from  LSD to ULSD -- but the phase-in is complete.  Phase in changed different parts of the market at different times so that all refineries were not 'down' at the same time.

If you see a pump with an LSD sticker it's because somebody overlooked that it needs to be removed or covered up. 

You can probably search and find more info about the conversion timing for various markets (road, farm, marine, rail),  but the bottom line is that it's all ULSD now. 

Mexico is a different story, if you take your diesel there.

Edited by redwngr

On 7/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, redwngr said:

Why don't you fuel at truck stops?

Lots space to turn and they also cater to large motorhomes camper rigs so clearance heights are definitely not going to be a problem even at the islands with the smaller hose diameters.

(I'm surprised you have found many/any canopies that are not high enough for a legal road height vehicle to pass under, but agree that some car focused lots are very tight for maneuvering a long vehicle....)

I'm like you redwngr.  Neither my wife nor I can go more than 3 or 4 hours without a personal pit stop, so we always stop at truck stops even if we don't pull a trailer.  Many locations have pumps not under a canopy.