Titian Fuel tank

Right after we purchased my truck we had a 57 gallon Titian Fuel Tank installed.  We tow a 35-foot 5th wheel.  This allows us to tow for extended periods of time without having to refuel.  A few days ago I was able to fuel up at the Costco in Medford Oregon and made it all the way home to Fresno CA. on one tank. When we refueled there were still 5 gallons left.  This route included crossing the Siskiyous and the Northern Sierra mountains at Lake Shasta.  Love that we don't have to refuel while towing unless we want to. 

• Like 1

Hmm. Initially I thought that the price was way too high, but after a basic internet search - it looks like you did just fine. I did not find any cheaper fuel tanks, and the install labor is fairly reasonable. 

From what I'm seeing your only cheaper options would have been extra fuel containers, which are not nearly as secure and are not very convenient. 

Enjoy your upgrade. I would. 

These are the only cheaper options that I found: 

truck-bed-fuel-tank-and-toolbox-fuel-tool-truck-box-truck-bed-fuel-tank-toolbox-combo.jpg

wm18n7.jpg

Nice. TrailerLife magazine just did a huge write-up on aftermarket fuel tanks.

I have a gasser, so sadly upgrade options are very limited. The 36 gallon should suit us well unless we do Alaska or something!

We considered a tank/toolbox option, but the toolbox was too small and the fuel side was too big. We need a decently sized toolbox for all the tool and equipment that we want with us when towing.  Extra fuel is an absolute necessity IMHO when towing a 5th wheel.  While you might lose some mileage hauling that extra weight around,  it gives you options to buy better quality diesel fuel while not having to pay exorbitant fuel prices. Since our 5th wheel is 13'6 in height, a lot of the stations cannot accommodate that height.  I do not want to have to disconnect to refuel.  

5 minutes ago, ewbldavis said:

I have a gasser, so sadly upgrade options are very limited. The 36 gallon should suit us well unless we do Alaska or something!

I haven't seen that article from Trailer Life I will have to look for it.  We are planning a trip to Alaska in the next year or two.  We are slowly upgrading everything in preparation for that trip. We have already purchased 6 new RV tires (4 on the trailer and 2 spares to rotate into the mix. )  We will be buying an additional spare wheel and tire so that we will have 6 tires for my truck.  ( We are hoping to find one used wheel at a boneyard) 

• Like 1

From the late 70s to the late 90s I ran a 100 gal. fuel tank. It was L shape with a toolbox on top. All our trucks had them for fueling equipment and our pulling trucks for self fueling. At 7 miles per gallon pulling it didn’t take long to burn through a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Debra in Cali said:

We considered a tank/toolbox option, but the toolbox was too small and the fuel side was too big. We need a decently sized toolbox for all the tool and equipment that we want with us when towing.  Extra fuel is an absolute necessity IMHO when towing a 5th wheel.  While you might lose some mileage hauling that extra weight around,  it gives you options to buy better quality diesel fuel while not having to pay exorbitant fuel prices. Since our 5th wheel is 13'6 in height, a lot of the stations cannot accommodate that height.  I do not want to have to disconnect to refuel.  

Ya, having to disconnect just to refuel would suck. If ya have the extra scratch, it sounds like you added a good upgrade to your ride. 

4 minutes ago, FreeAmerican said:

I wonder why they don't list an option on 2017 + 

Cuz on the new motor (L5P used in '17 up) the fuel filter would have to be relocated as it is in front of the factory fuel tank.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Debra in Cali said:

Why don't you fuel at truck stops?

Lots space to turn and they also cater to large motorhomes camper rigs so clearance heights are definitely not going to be a problem even at the islands with the smaller hose diameters.

(I'm surprised you have found many/any canopies that are not high enough for a legal road height vehicle to pass under, but agree that some car focused lots are very tight for maneuvering a long vehicle....)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 8:01 AM, ewbldavis said:

I just towed a travel trailer home to Alaska from Washington state and found the 36 gallon tank was sufficient. Of course I wish it was 50 gallons, but better than a 26 gallon. We brought 2 extra 5 gallon gas cans with us and never used them. All the major cities through Canada were spaced just far enough away so we didn’t have issues. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, redwngr said:

Why don't you fuel at truck stops?

Seeing this post reminded me of a question I've had... is truck stop diesel the exact same Ultra-low-sulfur diesel you get from the 'standard' non-truckstop diesel pumps needed for our trucks?  My googling the question didn't get an exact answer other than sometimes it's taxed fuel and tinted, and sometimes it's not.  Also seem to see complaints that the price is higher.

Also found an interesting writeup on approach

https://thegoodthebadandtherv.com/2016/04/22/fuel-truck-stop/