2012 Yukon SLE Interior door handle/grab bar

Fritz45

Question

4 answers to this question

21st Century manufacturing at it's finest on display right here ... :sick:

I'd hit the junkyards for that. To hell with GM & their STUPID pricing on CRAP-QUALITY parts!! Makes me mad, and it's not even my truck ...  :mad:

If you do go to the wreckers do not tell them the dealer wants $700 for it until after you have paid for it.  Every wrecker I have ever gone to looking for parts expect 50% of retail for like new parts. 

If wreckers do not work out, it looks like you may be able to take some radio strap and put that broken bar back in place then take a short piece of the strap and lay it over the break, then drive a short sheet metal screw through one of the holes in the strapping and repeat on the other side of the break.  Repeat this on as many ides of that broken piece as you can. 

The radio strapping I speak of is just a thin piece of metal about a half inch wide  with holes in it about a half inch apart.  It used to come with radios I bought in the 70s and 80s and was used to supper the back of the radio when installing a universal fit radio in the dash long before manufacturers came up with DIN standards. 

Who has been slamming the door so much? 

Thank you guys for the response! I’ll hit up the local yards.

As for slamming the door, we had a steep driveway and parked at a side angle. So it was slightly more effort for the wife to close. Honestly, it’s cheap workmanship. Dealer said it is a common problem.

My 2015 Silverado has a lot more solid grab bars. I think GM is trying to work on it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My '72 El Camino had doors weighing alot more than the Yukon's, and nearly 40 years after it left the assembly line, they were still as strong as that day, when I sold it.

My '86 Grand Marquis has doors nearly twice the size of the Yukon's, and they're fine - still daily driven, and has been for all of it's 32 years.

Most certainly is cheap parts quality, and/or workmanship. Par for the course these days ... and things aren't getting any better out there, trust me on that one  ... :sick: