License plate light not working

I have a 2014 silverado and the license plate lights are not working. I had changed out the rear bumper and the lights worked in the old one but not in the new one. I used the same harness. All other lights are working properly. 

• 3 years later...

In my case on my 2016, I swapped out my old bumper and also used the same harness on the bumper. I also have the rear park assist. When I first finished, I also noticed the license plate lights weren't working. I just went and bought a new set of bulbs and they were working again. But I also was getting issues with the park assist and it didn't seem to be working properly. It seemed like it was intermittent and worked most of the time but not all. I ended up taking off my rear license plate to access the harness connector. I disconnected it and plugged it back in a couple times. Now it seems to work just fine. The license plate lights and the park assist sensors are tied into the same harness. It is a very tight fitting connector and my guess is that it just didn't seat all the way the first time. 

• Like 1