Any other Suburban owners gone thru the process of lemon laws

We haven't got to this point as we are just entering this stage.  Been reading horror stories about owners using the BBB and then the deal gets thrown under the bus.  It's 30 days if you use the BBB, but you don't go hunting without extra ammo.  ;-)

I guess we should have been more specific.  Rewording:  Once your car was labeled a lemon how long does it take for replacement and how does that process work?  Do you pick off the lot or do you have a say in the car replacement?

Like Ed said to Clark, "You think you may hate it now, but wait till you drive it." (National Lampoon's Vacation) 

Because that would be our luck...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well the process took longer than the 30 days as stated with the BBB.  We started in September and relinquished our lemon the end of February.  Our problems actually started April of 2018 and it took us fighting the dealerships here about 6 months.  

The worse part of the process was dealing with the various service departments.  By the time we sought the BBB and an attorney's help all the service departments would not work on our vehicle.

The other issue we ran into was the BBB stated the attorney we hired was not on their approved list...  Huh?  

One other tip we thought to share is when you go to purchase a vehicle ask for the entire service history prior to signing.  Through this whole process... we found out the car was having electrical issues on the lot and repairs were done a day 1/2 before test drove the vehicle and purchased it (we already new what we wanted so it was not a hard sell).  They provided a clean car fax at point of sale, but as some know there is a delay with that reporting.  We know this from our last car buying experience, but that's a whole other story.

A shout out to GM... they did make this process clean and painless, which helped them retain their customers.  We are however moving to a Yukon xl vs. Suburban because of the awful service departments in our area representing Chevrolet.  Our new car is special order and everything will be installed at the factory with the exception of an on board vacuum (this goes back to the service history experience).

Oh and make sure you get that certified letter mailed in about pursuing your lemon and sight the state's law.  The dealerships here were really trying to eat up that warranty time frame as that is when the letter has to be sent.

I applaud GM for making things right and going to give them another try.  Their competitors also just did not match up for engine power, cargo room, and gas efficiency while towing.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Had the same deal in Florida on an early build Tahoe, but I purchased mine new. Went to the BBB hearing and represented myself. Had all my ducks in a row and good solid documentation. I was successful in the end. GM customer service was a joke as was the GM rep for our area.

• 11 months later...