LED Light Bar Wire Routing-Firewall

Mclovin1

Question

Hey! I’m trying to install a LED light bar in the lower grill on my ZR2 using the Baja Designs mounts. Anybody do this before? If so, how’d you route the wiring harness through the firewall?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I believe there is a rubber grommet near the steering column that you can cut and pass the harness thru.

I have two sets of light bars, one on the roof and one on the nose.  I didn't like the idea of cutting a hole in the dash for a set of switches and also running two harness wires thru the firewall.  I bought a two channel wireless remote off Amazon to trigger the relays.  Works great, been in service for several months now.  We'll see how battery life goes.

20180926_095014_zpsgj1homfr.jpg

Just did this yesterday on a '18 ZR2.  We went through the hood latch rubber gromet.  We installed a factory headlight switch with the fog button and ran a 22 gauge wire through the gromet to a latching relay since the fog button provides momentary ground.  This means your latching relay needs to be able to trigger on ground.  We did this install for a lightbar and interlocked it with the highbeams, so the lightbar could only run when the brights are on.  Fogs are legal on highways, but lightbars are not in most states.  Use them at your own risk.