So yesterday the truck created a huge clear whitish cloud at startup in the morning and again today and this afternoon. Checked the oil and no water in it, no clouding. Checked the radiator reservoir and it's still orangish like it has been since I got the truck. 151k as of this weekend 5.3. We checked out the smoke and while it's heavier at startup it's constant when running. No visible difference in performance and only a very faint clicking under the hood. Thought maybe it was a head gasket, but since there's no water in the oil and no oil in the radiator and none coming out of the tailpipes, not sure. Seems to have a slight smell, but not a bad one. Not a sweet smell either like the last head gasket problem I had. One friend said it might be a timing belt/plugs/wires, but that doesn't sound right to me.

Asking if anyone has had this happen and what did it wind up being?

So yesterday the truck created a huge clear whitish cloud at startup in the morning and again today and this afternoon. Checked the oil and no water in it, no clouding. Checked the radiator reservoir and it's still orangish like it has been since I got the truck. 151k as of this weekend 5.3. We checked out the smoke and while it's heavier at startup it's constant when running. No visible difference in performance and only a very faint clicking under the hood. Thought maybe it was a head gasket, but since there's no water in the oil and no oil in the radiator and none coming out of the tailpipes, not sure. Seems to have a slight smell, but not a bad one. Not a sweet smell either like the last head gasket problem I had. One friend said it might be a timing belt/plugs/wires, but that doesn't sound right to me.

Asking if anyone has had this happen and what did it wind up being?

Could be humidity. Does it sit a lot? How long did you drive it? Texas has really been humid lately. My truck steams awhile this time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive it daily and it never sits more than a day over the weekend. I drive about 80 miles-100 miles a day....since I have had it I've gone from 89k in April of 2017 to 151k now.